Author Topic: New government guidelines?  (Read 5171 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New government guidelines?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 May 20 14:58 BST (UK) »
Does it say anywhere that you can have a picnic? ;D
I thought it was for "unlimited exercise".
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 May 20 15:07 BST (UK) »

Replenishing your fluid and energy levels are an integral part of exercise, so it is allowed by default ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 May 20 15:19 BST (UK) »
Dominic Raab stated that in the BBC interview this morning
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 May 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

UK Government today ...

Stay alert

We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:

Stay at home as much as possible
Work from home if you can
Limit contact with other people
Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
Wash your hands regularly
Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.

Read the Prime Minister’s address for the latest information.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 May 20 15:54 BST (UK) »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52575594

That link provides some other person’s interpretation and quotes out of date info.
The bbc  is no longer the authoritative  source it used to be. :-[

Your own personal judgement is every bit as valid and likely more usefull

Mike

Agreed to a certain extent, however, they do confirm that there has been no specific announcements in recent days regarding over 70s in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

And there appears to be no mention of them in official documentation, as Mike says.

I have made my own personal judgement - the previous advice still stands as far as I am concerned, I am going to keep my self as safe as possible!

:)

Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:04 BST (UK) »

the previous advice still stands as far as I am concerned, I am going to keep my self as safe as possible!

Margaret

If you are not working and not returning to work yet, the Rules are largely unchanged.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:05 BST (UK) »
Correction to the above post.
It is hidden away on P28/60 of Guy's reference.

Protecting the clinically vulnerable
It remains the case that some people are more clinically vulnerable to COVID-19 than others.
These include those aged over 70, those with specific chronic pre-existing conditions and pregnant
women.26 These clinically vulnerable people should continue to take particular care to
minimise contact with others outside their households, but do not need to be shielded.
Those in the clinically extremely vulnerable group are strongly advised to stay at home at all
times and avoid any face-to-face contact; this is called ‘shielding’. It means not leaving the
house or attending gatherings at all, with very limited exceptions.

Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:12 BST (UK) »

the previous advice still stands as far as I am concerned, I am going to keep my self as safe as possible!

Margaret

If you are not working and not returning to work yet, the Rules are largely unchanged.

I retired 10 years ago, so not working or intending to work. But I am now permitted to exercise as and when I want, to drive as far as I want to exercise, and meet up with family at a distance of 2 metres.

You could argue that these in some ways have always been legally allowed, but they have certainly not been advised. Now it is in black and white that it is permitted. I am planning on possibly seeing my daughter, son in law and grandaughter later this week, both legally and according to the spirit of the advice.

Regards Margaret

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 11 May 20 16:20 BST (UK) »

Margaret

Communicable Virus falls under UK Infectious Diseases, so UK Public Health Law (Rules) must still be in force in England too.

Added: Just said ... you can go out for exercise more than once a day, but must observe the Rules.

Workers and Non-workers must still observe Distancing, Hygiene etc etc Rules.