Author Topic: allerton cemetery liverpool  (Read 2406 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: allerton cemetery liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 08:31 BST (UK) »
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 08:36 BST (UK) »
so from your info - I can only see THREE with 11
GEN11 ... CH11 ...R11
let me know which one if you can -  ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 08:40 BST (UK) »
Amended, sorry my hands and eyes aren't too good tonight and the typing has gone to pot.

Eleanor Marjorie Stevens age 74 of 40 Mulgrave St, buried  02 Feb 1968 Section 11 grave 477 Allerton Cemetery
Boo

wherever that info came from they have missed out which section 11 - there are 3

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 09:52 BST (UK) »
Amended, sorry my hands and eyes aren't too good tonight and the typing has gone to pot.

Eleanor Marjorie Stevens age 74 of 40 Mulgrave St, buried  02 Feb 1968 Section 11 grave 477 Allerton Cemetery
Boo

wherever that info came from they have missed out which section 11 - there are 3

The info came from the Allerton Cemetery Burial Registers, 1963-1968, Folio 293, entry No 100333, which are available on Ancestry within the database 'England & Scotland Select Cemetery Registers 1800-2016'.

On the right hand page of the two sided entry the column headed Section says 11 and in the column headed Grave No. says 477 which is what the OP was asking about and what I tried to answer.
If it is a Division you require then on the left hand side there is a column for Division which says General.
My apologies if I should have included that and failed.

Boo

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 10:05 BST (UK) »
Boo - I wasn't having a go at you ??  I was merely pointing out I go there regularly and the info you received wasn't adequate - there has to be a LETTER for the section 11............ GEN 11 or CH 11 or R 11 .....there is no section 11 without a letter - I  meant no offence to you whatsoever ...xxx

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 10:23 BST (UK) »
and no offence taken, I was just trying (for once) to be as precise as I could be as I'd already added confusion to the thread.

Looking at the handwritten registers there  do seem to be 3 'Divisions'. Church of England (abbreviated in the register as CE), Roman Catholic (abbreviated in the register as RC) and General (not abbreviated). I haven't seen a fourth to match the abbreviation of CH that you mention?

Hopefully this lady (as I thought was possible) is the 'Helen', wife of Joseph Radcliffe, in the death notice I found,  and the burial records used her "Sunday name" of Eleanor Marjorie.

Hope you are able to perhaps find out more whenever you are next at the cemetery.

Boo

Offline ards g

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 11:26 BST (UK) »
Only info I have for Joseph Radcliffe buried no. 50781 sect 11 grave  put based by Ellen radcliffe but by what info you good people are furnishing Eleanor Stevens ( Radcliffe ) is buried with Joe Radcliffe
gibson {b/bridge-dromore } radcliffe [belfast-banbridge }
McCluskey & leckey {armagh }

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 11:28 BST (UK) »
I wonder if CH means CHAPEL - if you look you will see CH Graves are around the chapel area ??

https://www.toxtethparkcemetery.co.uk/Allerton%20Cemetery%20Grave%20Maps/Allerton%20Cemetery%20Map.jpg

Offline ards g

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 11:34 BST (UK) »
Joseph Radcliffe was buried by a rev.j. Dyson
gibson {b/bridge-dromore } radcliffe [belfast-banbridge }
McCluskey & leckey {armagh }