Author Topic: LivingDNA have extended match lists  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: LivingDNA have extended match lists
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 16:52 BST (UK) »
Yes, despite 361 matches ( got that wrong earlier), dont see how it will help much. Most matches have only initials, as already discussed and there are 'shared matches', but as you have no idea who anybody is (as only initials here too),  it wont be much help to know that lots of othere people with initials  are also linked to you and your unknown match!!

Very frustrating!
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 17:52 BST (UK) »
I have had a couple of looks at the site now thanks to the tip off from this thread.  My observations

1. I now have matches, 104, yea!

2. I see they are going to have a chromosome browser, yea!, but it is not ready yet. Wonder if this will prompt Ancestry to finally get round to do the same. Here's hoping!

3. As others up thread have said can you upload a tree and if so how, or is that still a work in progress? I assume there are no actual trees on there at the moment. is this correct?

4. Silly question time. Where do you see what your display name is and how to you change it (you can tell I seldom use that site). Thanks

James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 18:43 BST (UK) »
No you cannot upload a tree. They have a collaboration with Findmypast so you can connect your DNA result to your account there, but at the moment nobody else can see your FindMyPast tree.
They are also working on a Family Network which should be something like the DNA based tree at 23andme.

Instructions for adding a Display Name are here: https://support.livingdna.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012485420-Your-Family-Networks-Display-Name?fbclid=IwAR2_Sut1Pa6rf_mixebvSc_Tff218UoGoBvfVYs7aGZdb-zShj3EmPtoak4
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 19:22 BST (UK) »
David - go to the Dashboard page. Look top right on the picture bit - edit profile - enter that and you can update yourdisplay name there, if you so wish!
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 May 20 19:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks both, I have updated my display name on there  :)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 07:36 BST (UK) »
I’m feeling very left out! But, have just had a thought - if I upload my DNA from another site then surely in a few days Dad will have at least ONE match!

It won’t really achieve anything but might make me feel a bit better!

I have been reading the comments with interest - davidft’s point 2 - that would be so good!

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 11:15 BST (UK) »

I checked yesterday, and my Matches on that Site have gone from 1 to 314!

However, most of them seem to be under the 45cMs  level.

Am I alone in finding the green Messaging Tab on there very frustrating?

Mine keeps disappearing...

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 15:26 BST (UK) »
Liz_In_Sussex, Have a go at the upload. It initially gives a slightly misleading status message on the dashboard that suggests it is not working, but if you wait a day the upload goes through. You then have to remember to opt in to family matching. After that it can take a couple of weeks until the next time they run a matching process before you will see the matches coming through.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 21:24 BST (UK) »
Liz_In_Sussex, Have a go at the upload. It initially gives a slightly misleading status message on the dashboard that suggests it is not working, but if you wait a day the upload goes through. You then have to remember to opt in to family matching. After that it can take a couple of weeks until the next time they run a matching process before you will see the matches coming through.

Thank you! Well I uploaded my DNA and my Mum's - and it has changed status to being uploaded - all three are opted into Family Matching. So I will wait and see. If I end up matching Mum but not Dad I will know that there is something wrong with his profile - but hopefully within a couple of week's he will have one match and Mum and I, probably lots!

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk