Author Topic: LivingDNA have extended match lists  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Re: LivingDNA have extended match lists
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 07:14 BST (UK) »
Another week gone by, no matches at all  :'(

I’m wondering if it is just me or if anyone else has any today? 

Still no reply to my message to the website and my application to join the Facebook group is pending.

I am telling myself that despite the advertising and clear statements they have made about timeframes it really has been affected by the virus and when they said 3 weeks they meant “in normal times”  though BC (before COVID) they were saying 2 weeks  ::)

;D better go to work and forget about it - perhaps they will upload matches this afternoon and it will be a nice surprise?

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 08:55 BST (UK) »
I'm still pending (sounds painful!) to join the Facebook group too. Think I may have a couple more matches, but not sure if I just missed them when I looked a week or two ago. I was concentrating on known people who had uploaded from other sites who I use as "markers" for my different branches. These two new matches have same surname, rather a rare one and as they're in UK, easy to trace. They're mother and daughter and share another match with me from USA with different surname. I am now constructing their tree. So far not too difficult, surnames and combinations of them lead to very few possibilities coming up on a search.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 17:05 BST (UK) »
 :o Good to hear I am not the only one pending!

Result of sorts - I have had a reply -it's a bit similar to an extract from a Morecombe and Wise sketch though, in that it doesn't really address the question I asked!

The gist of it is that they have just launched many more matches and improved their systems. They hope to run more matches in a couple of weeks. But no answer to why Dad has no matches or indeed why I don't match him (or anyone else!).

Liz

Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 04 June 20 14:47 BST (UK) »

Result of sorts - I have had a reply -it's a bit similar to an extract from a Morecombe and Wise sketch though, in that it doesn't really address the question I asked!

Sounds like the 5pm Downing Street briefing  ;D
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 04 June 20 16:54 BST (UK) »
Sounds like the 5pm Downing Street briefing  ;D

;D ;D ;D very true!

I had an email today in reply to my comment yesterday saying that they hadn't answered the question I'd asked - saying that Dad does have matches - but I just can't see them.  ::) ::) ::) They promise I will be able to soon!

Liz
Research interests:

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 04 June 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
That was an unusual response from them. I wonder how many more folks have matches they cannot see.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 04 June 20 17:23 BST (UK) »
I took a little time to find it. I clicked on relatives on side bar

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 04 June 20 19:32 BST (UK) »
That was an unusual response from them. I wonder how many more folks have matches they cannot see.
Quite!

I have seen the attached message or something very similar for over three years now  :'( They need to adapt to to say "Your matches, like your ancestors are hiding!"
Research interests:

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 04 June 20 19:36 BST (UK) »
I had exactly that message - keep fishing!  Until the recent rejig (within the last month i became aware, due to posts in rootschat).  It was quite bizarre.
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry