Author Topic: Diary > Monday 11th May  (Read 429 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Monday 11th May
« on: Monday 11 May 20 22:24 BST (UK) »
Putting a heading on this helps me remember what day it is, I was saying to a friend the other day that every day is like the Sundays when we were children, no shops open, everything quiet. Except I don't have to go to Sunday school now!

Slept late this morning, it was raining and cold outside, couldn't think of anything to get up for. Sat in bed drinking tea, reading and talking on the phone, dragged myself out of bed eventually.

Couldn't decide when to go for my walk, it got to lunch time and I wasn't particularly hungry so when I saw that it wasn't raining I decided to go. Was just about to put my jacket and shoes on when it threw it down, hailstones! Needless to say I decided to put it off till later.

Have got an Asda delivery coming tomorrow, my Tesco one last Monday was to fill the cupboards and freezer with food but I still needed cleaning products and toiletries so a lot of my order consists of that. Made some changes to my order, had a look at emails and Rootschat.

Had lunch then rang my friend who has been in hospital. I didn't get through but she video called me later and we had a long chat. The sun had managed to squeeze through a little so I went out for my walk. I took my gloves this time and was glad I did, it was proper chilly but not too many people out. Came home and did some other stuff on the computer then the afternoon had fled.

Oh well, I might do something more constructive tomorrow. And I might not.

Hope everyone had as good a day as possible.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 11th May
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 May 20 22:38 BST (UK) »
Having  let our 3 piece suite go to the reupholster  just before lockdown we have been sitting on garden chairs, good news today, the carpet is due to be laid Wednesday and the suite  returned later the same day,  can't wait to relax in a comfortable chair

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 May 20 23:45 BST (UK) »
Today's diary - I must say that today has just been a complete waste of time.  The most exciting thing was to open a new bar of soap.

Usual park walk, rather chilly.

Frittered away my afternoon online.  Got agitated reading stupid comments about the new guidelines.  I don't understand how people can be so obtuse.  I really need to get a new project to get stuck into.

Tea: Mac/cheese with flakes of smoked haddock with a very, very large glass of wine! Nice.

Tried to get in touch with British Gas online this evening in order to try and book an appointment they cancelled 8 weeks ago. The set up just doesn't work and I'll have to try and phone or do an 'online chat' tomorrow.  I saw two vans out today so think they may be grinding back to work.  I'll be more than happy to get the confounded 'banging' boiler sorted!

Stay safe!
CD

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 May 20 23:49 BST (UK) »
Good to hear Louisa Maud that you'll soon be sitting in luxury and a carpet too! I'm sure you can't wait... I was so glad that my OH had redecorated my work room and we had a new nice thick carpet and underlay put down the week they first announced social distancing... as the rooms over the garage it was always quite chilly in there but it's loooovely now.

Roobarb we've had a cold day today too, I did venture out down the village and only put a body warmer on.. I was frozen by the time I got back!.

Good new from friend whose FiL ( aged 102) has come out of his pelvic surgery and was up sitting in a chair giving them instructions, by phone, with what to do n his greenhouse, amazing chap, so glad so far all is well.

Nothing exceptional today usual day...
Spent most of it sewing to finish the scrubs... just didn't have time to finish last pair of trs before dropping them off ... spent too long this morning programming the embroidery with lettering that needs to go inside the garments..
Also old friend phoned and we nattered for a long time..
Popped out to drop off scrubs, pick up more fabric
We had rest of beef joint, mash and veg for dinner... almost enjoy it more second time round..
Watched some tv.. a film and did some knitting...

Listened to new advice from Boris.. very mixed messages..
At least means OH can go and play golf with one if his mates should keep him happy...
I don't understand this being able to drive anywhere for exercise aren't  people going to really take advantage of that!
All those people on the roads today trying to get to work and using public transport ... then they say it's Wednesday they can go back... all very confusing!
Daughters not going to be too happy re schools as her two fall in the wrong years... one at nursery last term other ones in yr2... not that I think she's that keen for them to go back yet!
It all seems a right mess... we'll just carry on more or less what we're doing now!
Just wished we lived nearer to the boys to see them individually but impossible for now.

On that note retired to bed for a read...
Not a very fulfilling day really, just more of the same...

Keep safe everyone

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK