Author Topic: Looking for grave & burial of Jane Fisher (immigrated from Ireland  (Read 3509 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for grave & burial of Jane Fisher (immigrated from Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 02:54 BST (UK) »
I would venture to suggest that Jane died not long after her last recorded gaol confinement in 1875.

She was already elderly  at that time and in very poor health and an ongoing damaging lifestyle.

Using NSW bmd search and entering in surname the word Unknown brings up a sadly large list of deaths. The whereabouts of the death is given.

It is possible that Jane is numbered among  these.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 03:02 BST (UK) »
Yes, sadly, very possible, likely.

I cannot find any one as Jane FISHER noted in my offline  Sydney notes. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 03:06 BST (UK) »

I think the Mrs STACY of Albert St was likely Sarah A STACEY, nee FISHER, who was married in 1872.

Likely you have much of the above, but it can be sensible to share with the regulars on the Australia Board to give background.

JM  :)

Just confirming that Sarah STACEY was the daughter of Samuel FISHER.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13263739

Sue

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 04:01 BST (UK) »
NSW Electoral Roll  1878 PADDINGTON
Charles STACY, Albert lane, Paddington, freehold.
Samuel FISHER, Albert Street, Paddington, residence.

NSW ER 1870 PADDINGTON
Charles STACY, Victoria St, Paddington, freehold.

NSW ER 1870 WEST SYDNEY
Samuel FISHER, Cooper's buildings, off Newtown Road, household

Sydney Benevolent Asylum has admission 23 Nov 1897 for a Jane FISHER, but she was then aged 37.   http://www.sydneybenevolentasylum.com/ 

ADD
These are all locations near to Darlinghurst,  :)  so perhaps Jane may have been in contact with her family, afterall the 1874 and 1875 charges do not include Vagrancy.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 04:31 BST (UK) »
Burrandong...

NSW ER 1970 WELLINGTON
Samuel FISHER, of Ulngala, qualified to vote as held a miner's right.

JM

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 05:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Marj and Sparrett

Thank you for all of this with Samuel (Some I had but not all this new electoral information and nothing about asylum . I am gobsmacked!! & yes you are correct this is all for him and yes Mrs Stacey with funeral is his daughter. SO yes I had a lot of this but not all the other  of this and run out of complete ends. He lived a hard life and must have be trying for him at times. Judging by all I have read but I also feel for Jane as well.

I think I searched High, low & sideways for Janes deaths but have come up complete dead ends.

I think the Samuel Fisher in Wellington might be his son???  Grafton area in nsw is where he died?? But a fair distance from wellington.

That's the trouble there is no one actively researching either Jane or Samuel and I messaged what little I found to the people but no replies.
Thank goodness for shipping records or I wouldn't have found parents were.

So again I have turned to this wonderful site & both Majm & Sparrett Have assisted. YOu both are wonderful (At least I know there is an Australian board & based in UK). So thank you

I do think her health would not of been good - mental & physical So I also think she may have passed even before Samuel.
I think chances are getting slimmer, which is sad as no one knows where this poor lady is. Samuel is in Waverley cemetery I found yesterday.

I thought about a death cert for Samuel as I was lucky with finding quite a bit with him but Jane I would buy a cert BUT can't find even her death. ???
Janes maiden name was McBride - I did also try this with some things but turned up nothing

Thank you both again.
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 06:32 BST (UK) »
A Presbyterian boy named Samuel FISHER who was aged 6 years in 1856 was admitted to the Randwick Asylum for Destitute Children in 1856.

Have you seen that record?

In case you have not, I will give the details
Samuel FISHER. Admitted June 19th 1856. Aged 6. Religion P. Can read-No. Can write- No.
Place of birth NSW.

Description Mother dead deserted by the father who is at the Victoria diggings.

29th September 1856. Discharged to the service of Mrs SMALE , Grafton. Indentured. Signed.
Sue

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 06:49 BST (UK) »
Baptism Samuel FISHER on 6 Dec 1850 at St Andrews Scots Church Sydney.  Parents as Samuel FISHER and Jane MCBRIDE.

ADD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTDF-R8D

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 May 20 06:55 BST (UK) »
That could mean we are looking for a death 1853 to 1856 ... and likely closer to 1856, ie admission date ... what about his siblings...

JM