Author Topic: Looking for grave & burial of Jane Fisher (immigrated from Ireland  (Read 3497 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for grave & burial of Jane Fisher (immigrated from Ireland
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 14 May 20 02:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, 

Civil registration of deaths did not commence in New South Wales until 1 March 1856.  The Early Church Records cover many burials, but are by no means 'complete'.  It seems likely that Jane died before the civil registration process was in operation, assuming she died in NSW.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/registry-records
https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/family-history-research-guide
https://www.nsw.gov.au/births-deaths-marriages/about-us/history-of-registry

Trove :
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/60173697 Empire 13 Feb 1856.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/12980625 SMH 15 Feb 1856
... housekeepers to give notice of the death of any person on their premises within thirty days ...  Ministers of religion are to receive certificates of the registration of deaths when they attend funerals. The registration is to be performed without cost ....

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 14 May 20 06:22 BST (UK) »
Hi
On the marriage certificate for Jane FISHER and Martino BORSERIE, which took place in Victoria in 1865 who were the witnesses and who gave permission for the marriage of Jane,she  being under age.

What, if any, statement was made about the bride's mother- living or deceased?

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 15 May 20 05:59 BST (UK) »
HI Sue,
I have never needed to purchase this marriage cert as I knew the details of where they married etc
BUT please if you think this can or might assist let me know & I will purchase one??

I think they can send by email from Victoria BMD & am more than happy to purchase this

Thank you again Michelle
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 15 May 20 07:02 BST (UK) »
Although he is not your particular person of interest, I wonder if you have you seen the digitisation of the naturalisation of Martino BORSERIO

https://www.naa.gov.au/explore-collection

Search the archives here and you will learn a lot about him and his stated arrival in Victoria.
He states he has been in Victoria for 15 years since his arrival per Star of India March 1862.

I cannot really see him on the passenger list for that voyage though there is a person listed as Barserino Agostino aged 34. Born other parts.

It is difficult to advise about the certificate of marriage for Jane (nee FISHER) and Martino.
As she is a direct ancestor of your line, it is a good support document to have in your research.
On the other hand it may not contain any information you don't already have.

I have not been able to find when her father Samuel FISHER returned to NSW. The cert may or may not show his presence at the marriage is some capacity.
There may be mention of the living or deceased status of Jane (snr) her mother or maybe not.

Tricky decision :)
ADDING. Yes it is a direct download to your email after payment

Sue

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 15 May 20 08:28 BST (UK) »
According to the Eaglehawk Pioneer Register Volume 1 A-C, the witnesses to the marriage of Martino Borserio and Jane Fisher on 22 March 1865 were Agostino Pianto and Mary Maggetti.
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 15 May 20 08:37 BST (UK) »
According to the Eaglehawk Pioneer Register Volume 1 A-C, the witnesses to the marriage of Martino Borserio and Jane Fisher on 22 March 1865 were Agostino Pianto and Mary Maggetti.

Do you have access to the Volume covering F surnames,  if so, any entries for FISHER at all?

:D  :D  :D
JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jang

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 15 May 20 08:44 BST (UK) »
Only brief mentions (no biographical details) of:
Charles Fisher from Yorkshire
John Fisher, policeman
Maria Fisher from Sussex
Matthew, a miner in 1857
Peter Fisher, miner 1861
William Sandon Fisher from Devonshire
William Thomas Fisher from USA.
England:
Durham: COULSON, FENWICK, HUNTER, LOWES, NAYLOR, ROBSON
Norfolk: DEWING, OUGHTON, TAYLOR,
Lancashire: TWEDDLE
Ireland: KEATING, KIRBY, Limerick; NELSON, Donegal
Scotland: BENNIE, Glasgow; COOK, Renfrewshire; HENDERSON, Alloa/Dundee; HUNTER, Glasgow; KIRKWOOD, Alloa; LAMONT, Dalkeith; YOUNG, Glasgow
Switzerland: VOSTI, DELUBINI

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 17 May 20 03:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue/Sparrett
Yes thank you again Martino Borserio is my GG grandfather & yes I have photocopies of the naturalisation of him. Found an awlful lot. So much appreciate this info as a lot of time cannot find much but him I do know. (Apparently he went to Sydney and worked at some stage for his ex-father in law Samuel Fisher). Barserino Agostino is Agostino Borserio - still not  sure if he is related but I would presume with last name yes. The spelling of Borserio (my last name) has been misinterpreted loads. LOL
I am going to say that next time I pop over to Bendigo where martino & Jane married I will ask to view the registers again (I go once a year to visit my parents who are passed)
Off the top of my head I don't recall seeing Samueals name as a witness & I can see a helpful person has also noted this in another comment

So at a loss as to when he went back to Sydney. It appears only a short period of time in mining in Bendigo area.

Thank you so much again
Michelle
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 17 May 20 03:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you very Jang & Yes I am very mucky to have the whole set of registers (I acquired recently) for Eaglehawk (all my dads side came from there).

I want to thank you for telling me of who the witnesses were to the marriage. I knew it wasn't Samuel as I didn't see his name but couldn't remember who) Again thanks

& believe It or not all the Fisher mentioned in the book aren't related (mine were irish and came out by themselves) .

Thanks again for your assistance