Author Topic: Royal or Merchant Navy Please  (Read 519 times)

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
Re: Royal or Merchant Navy Please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 May 20 18:57 BST (UK) »
 As advised by K Garrard.You need to get hold of his RN service record from the MOD. Take it from me Not all record are available from Ancestry or other sites. Sometime you need to visit archives or wait awhile for a responce.
Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Royal or Merchant Navy Please
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 May 20 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Seaweed, thanks i have spoken to TNA online chat on the website, and as i dont know which he served they cant help me, I can however send a form and £30, but like you say they say its not a fast service, i may have to bite the bullet and do this, when i can get to library and download,print off the forms, unfortunately im house bound till the madness ends due to a heart condition, once again thanks for your help
Debbie xx
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.