Author Topic: Peter Flannigan  (Read 1271 times)

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Flannigan
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 May 20 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi please find attached info re Peter Flannigan

Thanks
MaAdams, Preston Ireland,
Preston Flannigan Cunningham Craigneuk, Motherwell
Murphy Hutchinston Glasgow
Salmon Paisley
Maher Tipperary, Ireland . Maryhill Glasgow.

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi all, by any chance has anyone been able to decipher Peters parents name on his death certificate.  Ive been studying the certificate myself.  His fathers name looks like it could be HJesmond Ceid hill mother I still have no idea.
Salmon Paisley

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 August 20 02:18 BST (UK) »

Hi all, by any chance has anyone been able to decipher Peters parents name on his death certificate.  Ive been studying the certificate myself.  His fathers name looks like it could be HJesmond Ceid hill mother I still have no idea.

The handwriting is dreadful, but I'm not seeing an overall structure of letters in column 5 that is consistent with two parents' forenames/surnames (and father's occupation and mother's maiden name),  rather it looks like the same phrase written twice (once where the father's name should be, then again where the mother's name should be), the phrase starting with 'Informant can't'. I'm lost on what the third word of the phrase (on the next line) is, but again it looks the same in both instances.  Regardless, my guess is that it's saying that the informant couldn't provide the parents details.

Edited to add: Column 8 is difficult to read as well, the first line looks like the informant's name - maybe 'William' [something] - then I'm seeing in the next two lines 'One of'  [something] 'workmen'.  If that reading is correct or close and the informant was simply another person working for Peter's employer, rather than a close friend or relative, that would explain the lack of information in column 5.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 August 20 07:06 BST (UK) »
Possibly?...

Informant can't tell
   Informant can't tell

Informant.....William LAWRIE.....one of M****ford Workmen......

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 August 20 09:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for that.. I have my suspicions that Peter may have been an orphan. Unfortunately, this is the only certificate for Peter that I have.  I cannot find his marriage in either Ireland or Scotland,. One of his daughters Mary Flannigan was born in Ireland in 1855 (I think) the rest of the children I have birth certificates for and they were all born in Scotland.  His wife Ann,  remarried after Peter died.  But I really appreciate the help.  Ive been going round all the old types of handwriting trying to decipher it  :D :D
Salmon Paisley