Author Topic: Arthur Ernest Smith & Amy Harrington  (Read 2740 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Ernest Smith & Amy Harrington
« Reply #63 on: Monday 29 June 20 20:43 BST (UK) »
Yes it is quite the experience but since they set it up that way we now get to download each set in its entirety. We used to have to download each page seperately without knowing how close we were to the record we were looking for. That was very time consuming so searching is much faster now.

Forgot about Emma. Another website suggests her baptism was at Dartford Holy Trinity so you should find her there quite easily. The transcription gives a baptism date of 30 Sep 1891.

It is possible Jane wasn't baptized so probably the only way to know if she belongs in your family would be to purchase her birth cert.

If I remember correctly, the family is in Chislehurst by 1901 census? If they were still there when Ernest was born the cityark website doesn't cover that area.

I see cityark now has Sutton at Hone which I think Emma was from? You might get lucky and find her marriage to George took place there.

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada