Author Topic: Elizabeth May - Plymouth Area  (Read 258 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Elizabeth May - Plymouth Area
« on: Thursday 14 May 20 01:59 BST (UK) »
This is an update to a request I originally posted in July last year.

I  am hoping someone here can help me locate my ancestor Elizabeth May in Devon. I know that Elizabeth married Thomas Pearce in East Stonehouse on 14 October 1797.

The problem I have is that so far I have 4 or 5 possible candidates for this Elizabeth who were all christened in the Plymouth area between 1760 and 1780. These are

Elizabeth May christened 29 October 1762 Plymouth (St Charles), Devon - dau of Nicholas and Joan

Elizabeth May christened 26 July 1772 Stoke Damerel, Devon - dau of Oliver and Susanna May

Elizabeth May christened 2 March 1777 Plymouth (St Charles), Devon - dau of Oliver and Susanna

Elizabeth Ball May christened 23 May 1780 Plymouth (St Charles), Devon - dau of Robert and Elizabeth

Elizabeth Leach May christened 14 February 1779 Stoke Damerel, Devon - dau of William and Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May christened 1 February 1772 Stoke Damerel, Devon - dau of John and Sarah May

I suspect that the Elizabeth born in 1772 to Oliver and Susanna in Stoke Damerel may have died young but so far I haven't found a burial.

Is anyone able to check for burials [or maybe marriages] of any of these ladies in their respective parishes so they can be crossed off the list?

Can anyone shed any possible light on which might be my Elizabeth May?

If any more info is needed let me know and I will post it if I have it.

Many thanks in advance.

Matt