Author Topic: Isabel Henrietta Lambert  (Read 911 times)

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isabel Henrietta Lambert
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 16 May 20 10:15 BST (UK) »

I don't see any conflicting information ...  :) :) :) :) 1950s v 1948 ....
 :) :) :- :) Haberfield would have been within the then NSWBDM district of Ashfield,  and Haberfield has many streets that lead to the Parramatta River
 :) :) :) thats the same waterway which is navigated directly from Sydney Harbour
 :) :) :) it would have been possible in 1948 as it is possible still to be looking out from various spots in Haberfield and see the outline of Sydney's CBD, including for example the arch of the Harbour Bridge.

Ah then this could be a possibility.  I was going by my cousin in Australia as I don't know Australia at all.  Plus it wouldn't have been so built up back then I suppose.  So maybe Jane Sutton/Lambert was the grandmother?  Perhaps May and Joseph were recorded wrongly and it should have read Jane and Joseph?  But where is Isabel in all this? 
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 16 May 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
My cousin in Australia did put forward before - I'd forgotten - that Jane' and Joseph's son Leslie Cecil Sutton/Lambert born 1898 might have had a twin sister i.e. Isabel ?  Jane did have a set of twin that died the year they were born but both were recorded.  A child called Isabel is not recorded in Jane's death notice or anywhere else.  All the family trees I have seen on Ancestry (and that is a huge amount) NONE have an Isabel listed.  I don't think Jane would have given up a child for adoption as she kept all her others.  A puzzle.
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 16 May 20 10:44 BST (UK) »
My cousin in Australia did put forward before - I'd forgotten - that Jane' and Joseph's son Leslie Cecil Sutton/Lambert born 1898 might have had a twin sister i.e. Isabel ?  Jane did have a set of twin that died the year they were born but both were recorded.  A child called Isabel is not recorded in Jane's death notice or anywhere else.  All the family trees I have seen on Ancestry (and that is a huge amount) NONE have an Isabel listed.  I don't think Jane would have given up a child for adoption as she kept all her others.  A puzzle.

One of the benefits of obtaining NSW BDM records rather than trying to rely on index summary info or on submitted trees or on newspaper cuttings is that you can often discover answers to apparent puzzles when you read the info provided by family members about themselves and/or their immediate family.

If this were my family, then to me the NSW birth 1919 would be a good place to start .... Official transcriptions, not the real deal expensive certificates....

JM oops, typo,  changed now  1919 not 1917.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 16 May 20 10:55 BST (UK) »
Isabel Henrietta PATTISON was 45y when she died in 1943, according to the death notice

I can't see a marriage for her, or a birth that fits circa 1898 to a Joseph and May Lambert, maybe someone else can?

M

I agree with Matthew.

Also, I cannot join many of the usual the dots either.   I am concerned as to how anyone can determine that the NSW BDM birth cert for Isabel's son born in Sydney in 1919 names his father as John LEE or his mother as Isabel Henrietta  nee LAMBERT or confirming any details about John LEE or Isabel's then age, marital status, place of birth,s occupations, usual address, etc without actually having a copy of that official record (or the official transcription of that record).  I am also concerned that our OP has named two daughters for Isabel, both of whom may still be living, and if born in NSW the birth registrations are still on restricted access and not displayed at the online index. 

Hi, I'm desperately trying to find out more about Isabel Henrietta Lambert (I believe that is her maiden name). 

She gave birth to Leslie John Lee born 1919 in Sydney but I don't think she married the father who she named as John Lee.  Isabel married Leslie Pattison and they had R*01 and N*02R*01 married R*C*S*03.

Isabel henrietta Pattison death notice states she died on 2 August 1943 loving mother of  N*02, R*01 and leslie 45.  Her father was Joseph and mother was May.  I can't find anything more about these parents.  Can anyone help please?  Thank you.

I cannot join the dots for the people that are clearly identified in the opening post.  I have edited them in the quote above so that I am not identifying them, afterall they may well be living.
Info on NSW BDM certificates (or official transcriptions) :  From NSW BDM online  :D
Birth
Full name of baby, their sex, date of birth, place of birth
Mum's full name, maiden name, her age, occupation, place of birth
Dad's full name, his age, occupation, place of birth
Their marriage ... when and where
The names of the then living older siblings of the baby, and the gender of any who had already succumbed.

Death
Full name of the deceased, their sex, then age, date and place of death, their usual residence, occupation and marital status, and when/where married, plus name of spouse/s
The names and ages of children of each marriage.
The names and maiden name of the parents of the deceased
Cause/s and duration of last illness
Burial or cremation date and place, funeral directors information, sometimes clergy info.

Marriage
Bridegrooms full name, his occupation, usual address, conjugal status, where and when born including in recent times his actual date of birth, his age at marriage, his parents names including maiden name and their occupations.
Same info for Bride
The names of the witnesses, and the name and title of the person conducting the ceremony, and where it was clergy, their denomination.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/registry-records
https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/family-history-research-guide
RChat threads:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369703.0  NSW Resources
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,300394.0 Official Transcription Agents

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 16 May 20 11:25 BST (UK) »
Diana
Another point  which MJM will make clearer I hope.
The children listed on a death certificate of a woman may not reveal all her children. Children of various  of  a woman' multiple marriages if known to the informant , may or may not find a mention.
Likewise in a death notice.  Much conflict about who were and who were not her off spring can arise.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 16 May 20 12:30 BST (UK) »
Yes,  on NSW BDM death registrations, the family history section can contain information that is not as accurate as our 21st century views may expect. 

The funeral director collates and lodges the forms.  They are responsible for completing the pro formas etc and so they usually handle the task of obtaining the family history when also organising the practicals for the Funeral with the family member funding that ceremony.   

So sometimes/often that informant giving the funeral director the information is themselves grieving and also comforting the others also grieving, and less than reliable info is provided in haste.  Sometimes  the questions are confusing, and the answers when read decades later dont immediately make good sense.  BUT where the deceased has been married several times, and they reach their old age, then often the informant is a son or daughter from the 'newest' marriage ... and may rely on oral history ... to then give details about step or half siblings or the former spouse or the earlier marriages of the deceased. 

Importantly,  a NSW bdm death registration when listing the offspring of the deceased lists them in groups for each marriage.  So this can mean that sometimes ex nups were 'overlooked' if the informant or the funeral director were pedantic in how the information was to be provided for the official records. :)

JM

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 28 May 20 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi all, just to bring you up to date.  My cousin in Australia said it was her who put the Lee family tree on Ancestry, trying to attract family or enquiries~!  So a dead end there.  However, she found a death notice which mentioned one of the sisters (she might still be alive so can't write it here) and her married name and after a bit of detective work I've found a grandson on Facebook.  I've made contact but so far even though he replied and confirmed his family they haven't replied.  It's our last hope so just praying they will write back.  But I do appreciate not everyone wants to dig up the past.  Which will be sad for my contact in Sydney as he is desperate to know more about his past. Many thanks for all your help in this quest.

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 07:56 BST (UK) »
My cousin has just received the death certificate for Leslie Lee and it states that his mother's maiden name was Isabel Skinner.  This puzzle has just got deeper.