Author Topic: Isabel Henrietta Lambert  (Read 2050 times)

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isabel Henrietta Lambert
« on: Thursday 14 May 20 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm desperately trying to find out more about Isabel Henrietta Lambert (I believe that is her maiden name). 

She gave birth to Leslie John Lee born 1919 in Sydney but I don't think she married the father who she named as John Lee.  Isabel married Leslie Pattison and they had Ramona and Norma.  Ramona married Raymond Cowan Sharpe.

Isabel henrietta Pattison death notice states she died on 2 August 1943 loving mother of  Norma, Ramona and leslie 45.  Her father was Joseph and mother was May.  I can't find anything more about these parents.  Can anyone help please?  Thank you.
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Isabel Henrietta Lambert
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 May 20 13:53 BST (UK) »
You have posted this in the wrong section. You may like to ask the moderator to move it to the main Australia board.

I don't think she married the father who she named as John Lee

There is no father listed on the registration:

33342/1919 LEE Leslie mother Isabel PADDINGTON

Do you have this cert, and Isabel’s marriage and death certificates.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 May 20 14:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jamjar,

I have sent a message to the administrator.

No I don't have any certificates.  I am in England.  I don't think anyone in the family in Australia has any certificates.  This is the first time I have seen her name could have been Paddington.  I wonder if she was married before her marriage to Leslie Pattison?  No idea when she was born.

I do have the death notice of when Isabel Henrietta Pattison died in 1943.  She married a Leslie Pattison in about the 1920s.  The descendant I am in contact with and with whom I share DNA says his father was Leslie Lee born 1919 and his grandmother was Isabel Lambert, later Pattison.  His two half sister Norma and Ramona were both Pattisons born in the 1920s.  The death notice names them all so it must be the right one.  That's about all he knows.  Except his estranged grandfather was John Lee.

Thank you for your help.

Diana
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 May 20 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi - Paddington is the district, the surname is not shown

Death 1943 Isabel Henrietta PATTISON NSW reg 18121/1943
district Drummoyne
father Joseph
mother May

Death notice
1943 'Family Notices', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 2 August, p. 8.,
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17858562

Death 1976 Leslie LEE
NSW reg 18513/1976
father Leslie John
mother Isabel

Ryerson index
LEE Leslie died 22 July 1976 'formerly of Sefton' Sydney Morning Herald 23 July

LEE Patricia Margaret died 22 June 2013 aged 86y 'late of Sefton' SMH 25 June

Electoral rolls for Sefton NSW show Leslie and Patricia Margaret at same address

**Note that you may have to remove the names of anyone possibly still living

M

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 May 20 23:41 BST (UK) »
Isabel Henrietta PATTISON was 45y when she died in 1943, according to the death notice

I can't see a marriage for her, or a birth that fits circa 1898 to a Joseph and May Lambert, maybe someone else can?

M

ADD - WW2 service record - Leslie LEE NX4133 born 14 June 1919 Sydney, next of kin Isabel PATTISON
barcode 4833990 https://www.naa.gov.au/

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 May 20 00:09 BST (UK) »
Isabel Henrietta PATTISON was 45y when she died in 1943, according to the death notice

I can't see a marriage for her, or a birth that fits circa 1898 to a Joseph and May Lambert, maybe someone else can?

M

I agree with Matthew.

Also, I cannot join many of the usual the dots either.   I am concerned as to how anyone can determine that the NSW BDM birth cert for Isabel's son born in Sydney in 1919 names his father as John LEE or his mother as Isabel Henrietta  nee LAMBERT or confirming any details about John LEE or Isabel's then age, marital status, place of birth,s occupations, usual address, etc without actually having a copy of that official record (or the official transcription of that record).  I am also concerned that our OP has named two daughters for Isabel, both of whom may still be living, and if born in NSW the birth registrations are still on restricted access and not displayed at the online index. 

Hi, I'm desperately trying to find out more about Isabel Henrietta Lambert (I believe that is her maiden name). 

She gave birth to Leslie John Lee born 1919 in Sydney but I don't think she married the father who she named as John Lee.  Isabel married Leslie Pattison and they had R*01 and N*02R*01 married R*C*S*03.

Isabel henrietta Pattison death notice states she died on 2 August 1943 loving mother of  N*02, R*01 and leslie 45.  Her father was Joseph and mother was May.  I can't find anything more about these parents.  Can anyone help please?  Thank you.

I cannot join the dots for the people that are clearly identified in the opening post.  I have edited them in the quote above so that I am not identifying them, afterall they may well be living.
Info on NSW BDM certificates (or official transcriptions) :  From NSW BDM online  :D
Birth
Full name of baby, their sex, date of birth, place of birth
Mum's full name, maiden name, her age, occupation, place of birth
Dad's full name, his age, occupation, place of birth
Their marriage ... when and where
The names of the then living older siblings of the baby, and the gender of any who had already succumbed.

Death
Full name of the deceased, their sex, then age, date and place of death, their usual residence, occupation and marital status, and when/where married, plus name of spouse/s
The names and ages of children of each marriage.
The names and maiden name of the parents of the deceased
Cause/s and duration of last illness
Burial or cremation date and place, funeral directors information, sometimes clergy info.

Marriage
Bridegrooms full name, his occupation, usual address, conjugal status, where and when born including in recent times his actual date of birth, his age at marriage, his parents names including maiden name and their occupations.
Same info for Bride
The names of the witnesses, and the name and title of the person conducting the ceremony, and where it was clergy, their denomination.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/registry-records
https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/family-history-research-guide
RChat threads:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369703.0  NSW Resources
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,300394.0 Official Transcription Agents

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 May 20 00:21 BST (UK) »

M

ADD - WW2 service record - Leslie LEE NX4133 born 14 June 1919 Sydney, next of kin Isabel PATTISON
barcode 4833990 https://www.naa.gov.au/

I can confirm that the NSW BDM online index for births, Leslie, son of Isabel LEE, registered Paddington district, ref 33342/1919 drills down to that date of birth.  :)  It is important to remember that until the late 1960s, NSW BDM birth registrations did not include a surname for the baby, and that the baby's surname at the online indexes reflects the surname the mother was known by at the time the birth was registered.  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 May 20 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi - Paddington is the district, the surname is not shown

Death 1943 Isabel Henrietta PATTISON NSW reg 18121/1943
district Drummoyne
father Joseph
mother May

Death notice
1943 'Family Notices', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 2 August, p. 8.,
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17858562

Death 1976 Leslie LEE
NSW reg 18513/1976
father Leslie John
mother Isabel

Ryerson index
LEE Leslie died 22 July 1976 'formerly of Sefton' Sydney Morning Herald 23 July

LEE Patricia Margaret died 22 June 2013 aged 86y 'late of Sefton' SMH 25 June

Electoral rolls for Sefton NSW show Leslie and Patricia Margaret at same address

**Note that you may have to remove the names of anyone possibly still living

M

Patricia: https://www.heavenaddress.com/Patricia-Margaret-Lee/443515/service_details

Macquarie Park Cemetery
ROMAN CATHOLIC LAWN, BLOCK 9, Grave 0429
Headstone photo: https://nmclm.com.au/macquarie-park/find-a-loved-one/

Isabel is in CofE: CHURCH OF ENGLAND, K8, Grave 0032
Headstone photo: https://nmclm.com.au/macquarie-park/find-a-loved-one/

Her grave looks older than the granite. I wonder if she is buried with folks, or someone else related to her.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 16 May 20 02:56 BST (UK) »
On another thread https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=555741.msg6515431#msg6515431  Mentions the surnames LAMBERT and SUTTON and John Edward BUTTERFIELD.

NSW BDM has John E BUTTERFIELD's death registered in the Adelong district, 1910,  ref #4344.

ADD
I mention this in case others are searching for Isabel's origins ...  IF born in NSW, perhaps her mum was Jane or Sarah nee Lambert.  There's a private tree submitted online at Ancestry that includes Isabel Henrietta SUTTON/LAMBERT as one of 21 people on that tree.  It has her birth as 1898 Tumut, New South Wales, Australia and the name of the tree is "Lee family tree"

ADD more
There's errrrrrr .... 88 submitted trees at present that mention John BUTTERFIELD dying 27 April 1910, and with SUTTON/LAMBERT connections  ::)

JM