Author Topic: Marriage for William Collingbourne  (Read 792 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage for William Collingbourne
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 May 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
He's moved recently I think from next door*, 9 York Place, where he was with his mother.
Marriage or living with someone might be a reason,  but he is also on his own at number 10 on the 1939 electoral register. So, if his wife was there, she was not registered as a voter or was under the age of 21 at the time.

There is often - but not always - a reason for not finding a marriage,  perhaps one of the parties (Alice?)  was already married!

*or from over the road!

Offline MrsS2012

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage for William Collingbourne
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 May 20 17:00 BST (UK) »
He's moved recently I think from next door*, 9 York Place, where he was with his mother.
Marriage or living with someone might be a reason,  but he is also on his own at number 10 on the 1939 electoral register. So, if his wife was there, she was not registered as a voter or was under the age of 21 at the time.

There is often - but not always - a reason for not finding a marriage,  perhaps one of the parties (Alice?)  was already married!

*or from over the road!

Yes that's right, he was living with his parents up until 1939. I'll order a death cert when I have some pennies (not working due to this lovely lockdown  :-\)  and maybe that will give me more clues? Might have to remain a mystery though which is frustrating!