Author Topic: Yearbook Photos Help..  (Read 322 times)

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Yearbook Photos Help..
« on: Friday 15 May 20 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi wondering if anyone can help with year book photos for the Hamilton Ontario area..two siblings William Eric Haizelden b 1913 & Vera Constance Haizelden b 1915
Also if there are any marriages or deaths for these two.

Thank you Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Online eileenwilson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Yearbook Photos Help..
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 May 20 01:44 BST (UK) »
There was a daughter Florence, born July 25, 1910, died October 17, 1921, daughter of William Haizelden and Florence Bailey in Hamilton. Cause of death was diptheria.

In 1958, Florence b. 1915 arrives in Bermuda, unmarried.  Vera and Eric are still living at home with their parents in Hamilton in the 1965 Voters' Lists so seemingly unmarried. Vera is noted as a teacher and Eric as maintenance.  In 1968, Vera is still a teacher and Eric is working for International Harvester.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Stay Safe Everyone..............
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 May 20 06:35 BST (UK) »
Looks like you need a subscription for the
McMaster University - Marmor Yearbook (Hamilton, Ontario) Vera Constance Haizendelden Hamilton, Ontario is mentioned.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pgv/

Only a mention of William Haizelden in 1936 at Westdale Secondary School

Perhaps try the Hamilton Library - only available continuing to serve customers thru virtually by phone, email, chat.

https://www.hpl.ca/articles/novel-coronavirus-covid-19?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk6z6vdS36QIVh-vtCh0bjwfIEAAYASAAEgKrd_D_BwE

Looks like your thread on genes united a few years ago - background info so that we don't repeat what you already have,

https://www.GenesReunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1326828?d=desc

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 May 20 17:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra I saw that School Year Book web site and its payable typical..

Thanks Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Stay Safe Everyone..............
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 May 20 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hopefully the library might have that resource.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 May 20 20:32 BST (UK) »
Just to add to Sandra's list...

In the 1972 Voter's List - 24 Orchard Hill:

Florence, Mrs.
Vera, retired
Eric, maintenance

Eric had to have retired shortly before the plant closed in 1980.  Given his 1913 birth he would have been retired at 65 or in 1978.  Go to the IH Retirees Club which started in 1982 send them an email and ask if Eric was a member. http://www.ihcanretirees.ca They might even have his death.

It looks like Florence Bayley died in 1973

BIRTH   1891
DEATH   1973 (aged 8182)
BURIAL   
Woodland Cemetery
Hamilton, Hamilton Municipality, Ontario, Canada
PLOT   Section 8A, #51

William
BIRTH   1885
DEATH   1969 (aged 8384)
BURIAL   
Woodland Cemetery
Hamilton, Hamilton Municipality, Ontario, Canada
PLOT   Section 8A, #51

Perhaps Eric and Vera could be there as well - you can email them [email protected]

Don

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 May 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Don I was wondering if either Eric or Vera had any descendants but it's looking like Vera remained Haizelden and the voters lists don't show a wife for Eric so I doubt it.

Their father Williams brother Henry was my Great Grandfather he had 7 children so the name goes on

Thanks Colette

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 May 20 19:45 BST (UK) »
Don't think so Colette, I could find nothing to suggest either married or were ever married. 

I did find Vera Graduated from McMaster in 1955 with a B.A. and in 1956 she was teaching at Hess Street Public and earned a whopping 2,700 CAD (scribd.com), which wasn't a bad income for a first year teacher. 

Don

Offline Michaeldennis

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Collette,
Regarding Eric and Vera Haizelden. I was a next door neighbour and good friend to Eric and Vera from 1981 till they died, Eric in 1997 and Vera a few years earlier. I will try to put in Eric's obituary, but I joined this only to answer your request that my son happened to run across. If you are looking for anything else specifically (like photos  or other information) let me know. Here is the obituary.

HAIZELDEN, WM. ERIC - Peacefully on Thursday, Nov. 13, 1997 at the age of 84 at St. Joseph's Villa after a final illness.  He had worked at the Right House and at International Harvester until his retirement.  Eric never married and never raised a family of his own, but throughout his life cared for many children (as well as a special cat called "Beauty").  He is remembered with great fondness by Michael Coughlin and Catherine Pead and their children Becky and Sean, by Susan Moynahan (Oliver) and all the Oliver family, by Marjorie Komar (Zess), by Jim and Vera Shaw, by brother Lloyd and niece Susan, and by many other people he touched in his life.  Eric wished for no services and has donated his body to McMaster University for medical research.  His ashes will eventually be interred at White Chapel Memorial Gardens.  Thanks to the staff of St. Joseph's Villa, St. Joseph's Hospital and Parkview Nursing Centre for their kindness and care.