Author Topic: Diary - Sunday 17th May  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Sunday 17th May
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 May 20 17:50 BST (UK) »
Great news Sinann.  :D

QUOTE: "You are very lucky to live overlooking the sea, my OH's dream location! To be able to walk along the beach must be a real pleasure, especially when it's been so empty!"

Indeed we are hugely lucky Caroline, and we have blessed our choice of retirement residence every day since moving in 5 years ago, but being on the first floor I would give a lot to have some protected, private garden space at the moment.  To be able to go out and potter a bit, or just sit in our own kingdom would be very welcome at this time.  Nevertheless, we have incomparable walks,  for which I am very grateful.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 May 20 19:06 BST (UK) »
For Roobarb:

I wonder whether this is a solution for you.  Not real plants - so unkillable - and could be nailed to the fence.  There are all sorts of different types and if you combined it with actual planting, it could be a very effective screen.....

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ph5/

Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 May 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  :) I looked at this some time ago but had forgotten about it. The one I've just clicked on says it's currently unavailable to order due to unprecedented demand, I suspect that might be the case with other ones but I have found something similar on the website that sells books and everything else in creation! The details say fasten with galvanised wire and cable ties but I don't see why it couldn't be nailed on.

The part of my ivy that's survived has today somehow become unhooked from the trellis it was pinned behind. Okay, it's been windy but not that windy  ::) I reckon the phantom garden menace has been at it again.....
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 May 20 21:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  :) I looked at this some time ago but had forgotten about it. The one I've just clicked on says it's currently unavailable to order due to unprecedented demand, I suspect that might be the case with other ones but I have found something similar on the website that sells books and everything else in creation! The details say fasten with galvanised wire and cable ties but I don't see why it couldn't be nailed on.

The part of my ivy that's survived has today somehow become unhooked from the trellis it was pinned behind. Okay, it's been windy but not that windy  ::) I reckon the phantom garden menace has been at it again.....

Well I suppose they could pick off all the plastic leaves, but at least you wouldn't suffer the pain of seeing something living, that you've tended lovingly, killed off for no reason..... :o
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 May 20 21:17 BST (UK) »
I wouldn't put it past her!  ;D Yes, it's very much worse when I've been growing these plants for twenty years.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales