Author Topic: Trying to find Nora Barrett, possibly from Nenagh  (Read 1296 times)

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find Nora Barrett, possibly from Nenagh
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 21 June 20 01:09 BST (UK) »
Thinking out loud...
Nora has a child with Rafael while he is married to someone else, Rafael and his wife bring the child up.

Have you any reason to think Nora stayed in the US?
It would not surprise me, in her position, if she wasn't on the next boat home.

Don't rule out Hanora in records too.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline MJW

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find Nora Barrett, possibly from Nenagh
« Reply #19 on: Monday 22 June 20 10:39 BST (UK) »
Thinking out loud...
Nora has a child with Rafael while he is married to someone else, Rafael and his wife bring the child up.

Have you any reason to think Nora stayed in the US?
It would not surprise me, in her position, if she wasn't on the next boat home.

Don't rule out Hanora in records too.

What you suggest is the same as my thinking and fits what I know. I have wondered if Henry's birth was some sort of unofficial surrogacy arrangement rather than (say) an affair.  Someone suggested this as a possibility as they felt it might explain why Nora Barrett was named in Henry's obituary.
Someone (who I think is Henry's daughter) has a small Ancestry tree which shows Nora Barrett's death in New York City (no date or other detail, and nothing about her birth). I've tried to contact this person but had no response and she hasn't been on Ancestry for over 12 months.
I've searched for Hanora/Honora/Hanoria and other variations or pet names for Nora and found several possibilities but I can't link any of them to what I know about Nora (which is very little!).

Thanks for your interest …. Malcolm
Wood(s) – Lancashire/Clayton-le-Moors & Sawley (orig. W.Yorkshire 1841)
Thornley, Heyes – Lancashire/Clayton-le-Moors
Emmett – Lancashire/Chorley, Blackburn
Nightingale, Livesey, Warburton, Gorton – Lancashire/Blackburn, Darwen
Kilshaw - Lancaster
Mahoney – Oswaldtwistle, Ireland
Brennan – E.Lancs., Tipperary

Census information is Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only