Author Topic: acronym  (Read 2232 times)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: acronym
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 13:24 BST (UK) »
Divorce?

DEPOT     KAB                                                                   
SOURCE    CSC                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 2/1/1/1473                                                           
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 607                                                                   
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          ILLIQUID CASE. RESTITUTION OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS. NIKOLAUS JOHANN       
           SCHMIDT VERSUS ERNA ELSA SCHMIDT, (BORN SIMON).                     
STARTING  19440000                                                             
ENDING    19440000                                     

Possibly her marriage to Schmidt:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9MM-63PB?i=20&cc=1935348
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline gingerbit

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 16:15 BST (UK) »
Ye, I'm fairly sure this is her. I have a birth date for her as 1924 but this seems very young to have been married and divorced 20 years later !. I think the archives will not open until level 1 but  will try next week in case anyone is working behind locked doors.
Hope you are safe and the 3SD's are getting out for some exercise now. :) :) 
Smith, Oliver, Macrae, Laughland, Bower, Greer, Wylie, Forrest, Eddie, McCallum.  All Scotland

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 18:17 BST (UK) »
The only Erna Simon I could find on FamilySearch died in 1945 and the Erna I am looking for married  a Schmidt, divorced him in 1944, married a van der Spuy, then divorced him and remarried Schmidt.

I'm trying to understand where the second marriage to a Schmidt comes into play as it seems that Erna dies as a "Van der Sluys"

Erna Else SIMON b 17 Nov 1914 SWA (= Namibia?), d before 2009(?)

X#1 6 Sep 1938 Cape Town (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9MM-63PB)
to Nikolaus Johann SCHMIDT b abt 1896 Austria, probable death: 28 Sep 1959 (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C91Q-M9BP-G )

X#2 to Andrew Lutures VAN DER SPUY B 7 April 1926, d before 2009(?)

1959 baptism of a child in Outjo, Namibia: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSM8-6JBV

Offline gingerbit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 June 20 12:40 BST (UK) »
It's many years since I did a lot of research into this Simon family and stopped when too many brick walls arrived. My interest is in the family in general and where they came from. Erna was the one with most details on various sites. I was told they came to SWA after 1st WW but if Erna was born there in 1914 they may have arrived before the war. Erna had a daughter with 1st husband Schmidt. She died in 1978 but I traced her husband who told me that 'his late wife was a Schmidt when they married after her parents remarried'. Perhaps they just got together again.
Thank you for the details from FamilySearch. I have had no luck accessing any records for Namibia, they just won't open for me although I did get the baptism record from somewhere.
Really appreciate your help.
Smith, Oliver, Macrae, Laughland, Bower, Greer, Wylie, Forrest, Eddie, McCallum.  All Scotland

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 June 20 14:04 BST (UK) »

South West Africa or Namibia as it is today, was a German colony.  After the WWI it was made a protectorate of South Africa by the League of Nations as South Africa was still a Union and under British rule.

Many Germans came to SWA before both wars while they could still travel and many then came to South Africa. 

There is a notice on National Archives website that says due to the pandemic they are closed until further notice.  I think this may apply to all the provincial repositories as well. 
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline gingerbit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 04 June 20 19:53 BST (UK) »
Will have to wait till level one then. I don't think they will be open till that happens.
Thanks for other info.
 :) :)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 June 20 12:23 BST (UK) »

You're welcome ;)

Offline ImieZA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 16:42 BST (UK) »
It's many years since I did a lot of research into this Simon family and stopped when too many brick walls arrived. My interest is in the family in general and where they came from. Erna was the one with most details on various sites. I was told they came to SWA after 1st WW but if Erna was born there in 1914 they may have arrived before the war. Erna had a daughter with 1st husband Schmidt. She died in 1978 but I traced her husband who told me that 'his late wife was a Schmidt when they married after her parents remarried'. Perhaps they just got together again.
Thank you for the details from FamilySearch. I have had no luck accessing any records for Namibia, they just won't open for me although I did get the baptism record from somewhere.
Really appreciate your help.

I hope I'm doing this correctly but Erna Else Simon born on the 17th of November 1914 was my grandmother. I would love to know more about her and her parents etc.

Offline ImieZA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 22 July 21 09:36 BST (UK) »
Will have to wait till level one then. I don't think they will be open till that happens.
Thanks for other info.
 :) :)

Hi Gingerbit
Would love to have a chat regarding the Simon family you are interested in.
Please message me.
Thanks