Author Topic: Do you have this book?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline ChrissieL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ben and John Hardman meeting up in Cairo
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have this book?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 May 20 14:28 BST (UK) »
Do you have a copy of

"My Family History: A Ten Generation Family Research Book"

Hello David
After reading your post, I thought that this might be something that I would find useful.  Although I have lots of papers and records, I wanted somewhere that I could record the information in a concise way.  Anyway, I decided to order the book.  I ordered it from the publisher, Robert Boyd Publications through Amazon Market Place.  It was £9.99 plus postage.  I ordered it on Thursday and it arrived this morning (Saturday).  I think it will be really useful and concise enough that I can pass on to my daughter.  As well as the book there is a huge chart to complete.  Each individual has a reference number which corresponds to their individual entry in the book.  There are also extra sheets (which can be photocopied) to record remarriages and new partnerships.

I have attached a scan of one of the pages.
If you need anymore information let me know

Chris
Staffordshire: Lawton Probyn Horrobin
Durham: Bamlett Hardman Winship Robinson
Suffolk: Leggett

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 May 20 14:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you Chris you are a star, that is just what I wanted to see.

It is useful to know that you get extra sheets as well. I was wondering what I would do with a few of mine who had a series of marriages so good to know that is covered too.

I think I will get a copy of the book myself, just annoying that I only spotted it after I had ordered some books. Ah well looks like it will end well.

Thank you for your help.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline ChrissieL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ben and John Hardman meeting up in Cairo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 May 20 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hello David
Yes, you get 4 extra sheets.  In the instructions on the inside page of the book, the publisher does say you can photocopy them (so no copyright issues), then glue them on the edge of the page or in the gutter and fold them back for reference to the original.

Chris

Staffordshire: Lawton Probyn Horrobin
Durham: Bamlett Hardman Winship Robinson
Suffolk: Leggett