Author Topic: Diary - Tuesday 19 May 2020  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday 19 May 2020
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 May 20 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hahaha....
You would think so, but a thick mist has rolled in and the view is obliterated, though there is little wind right now, so l can sit out on the balcony.  :D

Oh dear... there I was thinking of you sitting on your balcony, reading and enjoying the lovely weather!☹️ Hopefully tomorrow will be better 😁
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 May 20 23:21 BST (UK) »
It was crazy. There was sun on the balcony, but thick mist across Goodrington Bay right up till tea time. 

But I guess we were lucky because apparently the crowds were like August on the North Devon coast.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 May 20 23:45 BST (UK) »
Oh you are in a lovely part of the country mowsehouse.... don't know why I thought you were on Sussex coast!
I used to go to boarding school on the edge of Exmoor and parents had hotel in South Moulton in the early 1950's we've had many a holiday down your way too...
Glad you managed to find some sun on your balcony!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 May 20 07:32 BST (UK) »
It IS very beautiful down here, and I am grateful.

Years ago I lived in Chichester, which suited me well because I loved the history of the place but there was easy access to coast and country.

Exmoor is gorgeous, very different to Dartmoor.
The UK is full of beauty everywhere you go.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 May 20 08:38 BST (UK) »
That's very true, there are many beautiful places in the UK.

I must say that I'm very reluctant to get on an aeroplane again to travel and would rather visit places in this country!

Sadly I have a son living in Australia and have very mixed feelings about flying out there! I'm glad we took a trip out there last year to see him before all of this pandemic took hold of the world.

This summer will be a stay at home one I fear, but we too live in a nice part of the country although not near the sea!
I would be happy to settle for just being able to see my daughter and grandsons at the moment!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 May 20 08:50 BST (UK) »
Spent many a caravan holiday near Goodrington.

Chichester  was one place we always visited, I spent a day in the record office not far from the cathedral, a lovely county, wish I lived nearer to it now

Up at 7am, it looked like rain but I still put my washing out, it appears misty but the sun is trying to come out, feels a bit humid, would like rain to be honest for the garden, which reminds me I ought to get bedding plants

For some reason the days seem to be very long to me and I don't know why, since lock-down that is, usually up before 07.30, waste not to be up if I am wide awake but the day is so long.

I have decided after all the fuss I have had trying to  organise an online shopping order I am giving up this week  and going by car tomorrow at the "Golden hour" I think it is called, have had some tips on R C  so will have another go next week but would really prefer to go in person.

Enjoy your day folks

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London