Author Topic: General discussion on current situation  (Read 12496 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: General discussion on current situation
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 11:10 BST (UK) »

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-san-francisco-can-learn-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus-1918?r=US&IR=T

Looking Abroad some tested were Coronavirus positive a 2nd time during Lockdown.
 ----------
The human blood is known to thicken due to Coronavirus and the heart muscle is attacked in some sufferers.

Personally, we are not immuno suppressed and as we have semi rural walks (within walking distance) with mild / sunny weather we are going with daily exercise (with Social Distancing) and drinking plenty of fluid and getting proper sleep at night, while we can.

In the West everyone is free to make their own choice.

However, there is UK Expert opinion Covid-19 will possibly be back this Winter anyway along with our usual UK Winter Influenza. It will be too late then, to improve our fitness for Mrs H and I.

Mark

Added: We'll be flying nowhere.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 11:19 BST (UK) »
IF we are very lucky and there is a viable vaccine available by September as mooted it is possible that it could be included in the flu vaccination and hopefully put this horror behind us (until the next surfaces)
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 11:51 BST (UK) »

News headline this morning "Ryanair boss blasts U.K.'s idiotic 14 day quarantine plan". We should have been doing this way back at the start of the outbreak. He comes under the category of wealthy.

I saw a report that Michael O'Leary said most people will ignore the quarantine. How will the government enforce it, or will it be more "advice". My brother is due to go on a business trip to an EU country in 3 months. (Planned last autumn as part of a several year project). His employer has said if 14 day quarantine is still in place by then, he has to take the 14 days after he returns to UK out of his annual leave.
If it was a holiday - fair enough, but when his employer is sending him abroad, I think it's outrageous. He has had to go into his workplace almost every day through the so called lockdown, even though he could do quite a lot from home. 
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 15:24 BST (UK) »
Jillrus, really like the "Whalemeat again". My father always hated that, and said it dragged on, and he could never decide if the orchestra was slowing down for her, or she was slowing down for the orchestra!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 15:27 BST (UK) »
Jillrus, really like the "Whalemeat again". My father always hated that, and said it dragged on, and he could never decide if the orchestra was slowing down for her, or she was slowing down for the orchestra!

My dad always called it 'a miserable dirge'!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 15:30 BST (UK) »
So did mine. (He was musical)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 15:52 BST (UK) »
I don't like the 'Whalemeat' either!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 17:29 BST (UK) »
So did mine. (He was musical)

My dad played the drums when he was in the RAF during the war - not sure if that makes him musical!! He was more into Glenn Miller, Count Basie etc, which I associate with those times much more than Dreary Lynn and her nasal voice - but each to their own.

Sorry you didn't like Whalemeat, Roobarb, its just what I've always known it as!!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 17:56 BST (UK) »
I meant I don't like the song! The name gave me such a laugh!  ;D ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales