Author Topic: General discussion on current situation  (Read 12524 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: General discussion on current situation
« Reply #189 on: Monday 25 May 20 19:45 BST (UK) »
Do they employ a nanny?
If she was live-in help she would be part of the household and have to go with them.
At 4 yrs old, their son is probably in Nursery school or Primary, so the family may not need full time help.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Monday 25 May 20 20:00 BST (UK) »
Now it all makes sense. DC might have jumped the gun a bit, but presumably this is one of the reasons for ditching "Stay At Home" in favour of the new slogan.

And once the rest of us start using motorways again, I expect the road safety message on the matrix signs will be "Stay Alert".
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Monday 25 May 20 20:01 BST (UK) »
I felt it was an impressive piece of amateur acting - the frequent stammer, the apparent searching for answers to difficult questions, the appeal to our sympathy for his dilemma when all he could think about was the welfare of his child dadidadidah.. 

I always remember the advice 'never offer more than 1 excuse' - when he started saying another reason for his trip was that his home was targeted I just laughed out loud. After 14 days suddenly the house was safe enough for the whole family to return  ???

It's actually terrifying that our PM appears to be just a puppet of this unelected spin Doctor.

King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Monday 25 May 20 20:03 BST (UK) »

And once the rest of us start using motorways again, I expect the road safety message on the matrix signs will be "Stay Alert".

Or 'Get your eyes checked'  ;D
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Monday 25 May 20 20:26 BST (UK) »
My favourite review of Cummings' performance so far:  "He sounded like a man in A&E explaining why he had a cucumber stuck up his bottom". 

Regards 

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Monday 25 May 20 20:39 BST (UK) »
Ha ha to the cucumber remark  :D

Usually when you're ill you have to be  ill at your usual abode, or hospital, otherwise you could be dismissed from your job. 

When asked whether he'd told his employer that he was leaving town, he replied "No".  When we see him in Downing Street he usually has a folder of documents with him.  What if he had taken documents home that his employer needed but he wasn't there and hadn't told anyone where he was going?

According to DC.  During the Barnard Castle eyesight test drive, his wife and child went into the woods, he also went into the woods.  After getting back into the car he then felt sick, after the nausea passed he spoke with his wife and they decided to drive back to London the next day.

Apparently this man is a key decision maker !

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Monday 25 May 20 22:18 BST (UK) »
Apparently this man is a key decision maker !

Which is why I find it incredible that he apparently didn't have any contingency plans in place for his family in the event of him falling ill.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Monday 25 May 20 23:05 BST (UK) »
I found it interesting that, although the three newish slogans were still on the lecterns, Boris seemed to avoid telling us to Stay Alert/Stay at Home; Save the NHS; Save Lives..

He left us with

Wash your Hands
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

guest189040

« Reply #197 on: Monday 25 May 20 23:15 BST (UK) »
The real frightening aspect of all this debacle is Boris.

He is well known to be the Buffoon of politics yet a sizeable portion of the Country voted for him.

Yes those of you who voted Boris into the post of PM are the problem.