Author Topic: General discussion on current situation  (Read 12538 times)

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: General discussion on current situation
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 00:18 BST (UK) »
How many deaths, directly and indirectly will be the result of his arrogance
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 00:19 BST (UK) »
;D  While over in Australia,  we have just had a current positive to the virus develop in a person who was a passenger in the cruise ship, Ruby Princess, ten WEEKS ago. 

JM

Have they been in complete isolation since then, otherwise that is worrying?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 00:34 BST (UK) »
;D  While over in Australia,  we have just had a current positive to the virus develop in a person who was a passenger in the cruise ship, Ruby Princess, ten WEEKS ago. 

JM

Have they been in complete isolation since then, otherwise that is worrying?

Exactly ... Huge controversy is about to develop in Cairns in Queensland ... 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 01:28 BST (UK) »
Britannia News , cited by Confusion, by the way is a minority interest  publication which thrives on promoting conspiracy theories and racism,  and confusing the electorate with its own agenda.

It's not alone. They use "dog-whistle" words and phrases. I haven't come across that one before.
For anyone confused or concerned about truth and accuracy, I recommend Full Fact website.
https://fullfact.org
https://twitter.com/FullFact
The latter includes a test yourself on judging truth. I scored 6 out of 10.
There are other fact-check websites.
Cowban

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 09:51 BST (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 10:06 BST (UK) »
I give up. The Government have announced there won’t be a review of people fined for travelling for child care, therefore suggesting it was illegal. Yet it was legal for DC to do it! If that isn’t one rule for you and another for us, I don’t know what is. 

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 10:15 BST (UK) »
I give up. The Government have announced there won’t be a review of people fined for travelling for child care, therefore suggesting it was illegal. Yet it was legal for DC to do it! If that isn’t one rule for you and another for us, I don’t know what is.

I just can't get over the entire cabinet going on TV and effectively telling me I don't love my family enough, that I don't care enough that I am an unfit parent because I categorically would not do the same.  Childcare to keep going to work has been so difficult the past couple of months to both sort childcare and maintain lockdown adherence, shielding advice and still work my rostered shifts but it was only hard because I don't care enough and am not a good enough parent.  I've also had to tell someone that they cannot come and visit their very sick relative, that they cannot have a full funeral so what they're saying is that I have inadvertently told these people that they don't care enough (totally not my intention, my intention was to save lives).  There was light at the end of the tunnel, case numbers were falling but now people will wholescale rather than stepwise ease lockdown and we won't be back to square one, as we're coming from a higher baseline the potential is for a significantly higher peak.  This feels like the straw that broke the camels back, it has pushed me over the edge.  A lot of tears, a lot of self punishment because I feel like I must be evil, a failure as a mum and even as a person.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
And Matt Damon and his family have been in Dublin for two months. He was filming when the lockdown was enforced.

But I don't think he was in an Uncivil War. Cumberbatch played Cummings  :)

I know but he was/is enjoying Ireland  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 10:27 BST (UK) »
But Durham to Barnard Castle is about 25 miles and 40+ minutes, so hardly a 'short drive'.

The Barnard Castle trip was about 60 miles in all and totally illegal if he was having concerns about his eyesight and ability to drive.  Not sure what the current level of fine is for being in charge of a vehicle whilst unfit through medical reasons since it's some years since I've sat on the bench. But I can assure you that any such charge would be taken very seriously, and even more so if the defendant had knowingly and recklessly endangered a child because of their behaviour.

Aside from the fact of feeling unwell, not seeing clearly, etc., etc.  one doctor on TV today was quite furious that the parents had sat in the confined space of a car with a four year old child for several hours, thus overloading the child's immune system with the Covid Virus - such an overload to the system could have killed the child and/or caused serious damage.

Apart from putting your child in the car for several hours, when his wife wrote her article about the their time suffering from the virus, she never mentioned, as far as I am aware, that their much adored child spent a night in hospital and was tested (negative) for coronavirus.  Surely most parents would have considered this the most devastating incident of the whole period.