Author Topic: Nuremberg Trials  (Read 343 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nuremberg Trials
« on: Thursday 21 May 20 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am not sure if this is the correct board for this --so apologies if not. I have a family member who we were told was involved as an Interpreter  . I have looked at the National Archives but cant see any collection of records  that suggests the names of individuals from Britain involved  might be  listed. Of course its possible any file if it exists could still be closed.

Grateful for any information on how best to proceed in this quest.
Many Thanks .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nuremberg Trials
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 May 20 10:30 BST (UK) »
Can't help with your query but would also be interested in name of British individuals (my grandfather's cousin, a lawyer then later judge, possibly worked at Nuremburg Trials).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 May 20 10:52 BST (UK) »

Not sure that this will answer your question tempogold,

But this is a Link to an Article in 'The Guardian' about an interpreter at The Nuremberg Trials:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/22/nuremberg-trials-siegfried-ramler-nazis-interpreter-war-crimes

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 May 20 11:18 BST (UK) »
 Thank you --yes an interesting article Romilly.   

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 May 20 13:36 BST (UK) »
I have a family member who we were told was involved as an Interpreter  . I have looked at the National Archives but cant see any collection of records  that suggests the names of individuals from Britain involved  might be  listed.

There are extensive records for the Nuremberg trials at TNA, but it’s possible that records on individuals will be held by the MoD.

As a first point of enquiry, you could contact TNA, using their Enquiry Form (or Live Chat), Both services are operational during lockdown.
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/contact-us/make-a-records-and-research-enquiry/

Tell them specifically what you’re looking for, and if they think there’s anything relevant at TNA they may suggest some piece-numbers that could be searched later, when the archive reopens. Alternatively, they may refer you to the MoD.

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 May 20 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that suggestion . We have the person s MOD file and it stops just before then.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:52 BST (UK) »
Quite a few names on here..

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pj8/
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />