Author Topic: Tracing Elizabeth Ellen (james) Hichens  (Read 629 times)

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing Elizabeth Ellen (james) Hichens
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 May 20 10:55 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for

ALL this info on the James family . It is wonderful to see those old paper clippings, what a surprise!.

with regards.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 May 20 11:16 BST (UK) »
All adds to the story, pleased you liked them

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline DWC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 03:56 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of EE(H)J. I have information I am willing to share.
I am interested in what might be your relationship to her.  Elizabeth Ellen and Richard Payne James migrated to Butte Montana around 1901. I believe at the behest of her sister who had gone there previously. It seems after they had gone bankrupt as shop keepers in Newlyn.  They ran a store in Butte.  They had 3 additional children one of whom died in infancy.  Elizabeth died there around 1905.  RPJ I and all of the kids except Annie (Ann Hichens James -- the eldest) returned to Newlyn for about a year or so.  They returned to the US and settled in Pittsburgh, although it looks as though Toronto may have been their initial intention.   

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 12:28 BST (UK) »
For attention of DWC Pioneer . First of all may i thank you for your message reg Elizabeth James. Your little story on Elizabeth's background does ring true according to my records on her . Let me explain my links . Elizabeth was the Wife of my 2nd Great Uncle Rich James . All the James's came from Newlyn in Cornwall and i live in the UK. I have a Cousin Walter James who lives in California and his Grandmother was Eliz , so he is a direct descendent . So he would be keen to contact you if possible. We are both developing our Cornish "James" Family Trees and have discovered much , but we always welcome new developments on this Family. I'm sure Walter has many stories to share. May i ask "What is your connection to Elizabeth Ellen James ?". I am curious to know. Once again thanks for replying and best wishes for now. Wendy.