Author Topic: Kilmallock grave yard book  (Read 1342 times)

Offline kclinch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kilmallock grave yard book
« on: Friday 22 May 20 23:55 BST (UK) »
I was informed that inter library loan system in USA has no member library with the book, "In Loving Memory of All Interred in Kilmallock Grave Yard. Can anyone suggest a book seller in Wexford that would have that book available?

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Kilmallock grave yard book
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 May 20 17:29 BST (UK) »
I don't think it is available any more but I have a copy if you want me to look for someone for you.
M
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline kclinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 May 20 22:29 BST (UK) »
a gracious response from atmartinas to look up a name has been helpful. Thank you Atmartinas. kc

Offline martina boylan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 August 21 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, if you still need a copy of the Kilmallock cemetery book, I am a member of the group that produced it and have copies available.
Regards,
Martina Boylan

Offline kclinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 August 21 16:32 BST (UK) »
M.B., thank you for note. M.O'D. researched my question in her copy. I questioned presence of other Clinches at Kilmallock as reason for burying Fr. T. Clinch there. Anthony Ryan had information suggesting Fr. T.C.was buried at Ballyhuskard Old which makes more sense to me given location of kin. Can you shed light on basis of belief Fr. Thomas C was buried at Klmllck?

Offline martina boylan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 August 21 20:25 BST (UK) »
There does seem to be a query as to where he is buried but a local man did research some years ago which indicated that initially Fr Clinch was hurriedly buried by his friends where he died. Later the body was disinterred and reburied in his mother's people grave in Ballyhuskard but then the research goes on to say that although the family burial place is Ballyhuskard, he is believed to be buried in Kilmallock. My guess is his remains are in Kilmallock supposedly under where Kilmallock church once was in the graveyard. I doubt if a memorial to Fr Clinch would have been erected in Kilmallock if he is actually buried in Ballyhuskard.

Offline kclinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 August 21 21:38 BST (UK) »
M.B., your reply quotes and paraphrases A. Ryan's post-humously published article from People, December 2, 1950. It appears to me that Ryan's newspapers articles are the basis of all 1798 works written in the last 75 years when mention of Fr. Clinch is made. Curious that Kilmallock, a chapel/parish to which he was never assigned and distant from areas where Clinch/Glynch people can be traced should be his burial site.

Offline martina boylan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 August 21 21:55 BST (UK) »
The local man now deceased who did the research has Glynch ancestors dating back to the 1840's in Ballymurn hence his interest in the topic. Glenbrien and Ballymurn while not the one Parish are neighbours. Kilmallock cemetery has many people from surrounding areas buried there.

Offline kclinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 August 21 22:31 BST (UK) »
That is new info and very interesting. Is the Glynch man descended from Michael and Catherine of glenbrien? I have included Michael in the story I wrote for my family in USA, but know very little, only baptismal record stuff from NLI. My project is an attempt to create the wexford and carlow clinch tree to identify which branch my family descends. Should you have further info, please consider sharing with me.