Author Topic: Ure Beatrice Ward, left Australia 1922 for London  (Read 6673 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Ure Beatrice Ward, left Australia 1922 for London
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 28 May 20 10:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shaun for sorting that.  I had not accessed the Fold 3 document, and had relied on an INDEX .. and an Ancestry one  ::)  ::)... I had  broken my own rules  ::)  ::) when I had typed up the info in my earlier reply # 42.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 28 May 20 11:42 BST (UK) »
I wonder if there was just the one passport, likely just in his name, giving his status as married, and noting his police career and his WWI service ...  rather than three separate passports ...
JM

And the replies following this.

A very likely explanation indeed. My mother used to be on my father's passport. I am happy in my mind that Ure didn't go to Australia, not sure what Bob thinks. I have sent him a link to this thread, I don't know if he has read any of it.

I think this topic has been well and truly exhausted, and I await 1921 census with interest, as I'm sure we all do for our own families.

Thank you one and all for unravelling Alfred's story, if not quite unravelling Ure's story.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 28 May 20 11:46 BST (UK) »
It's kept us busy in this time of staying at home; the Aussie board is always up for a good hunt. Hope you and your family are ok.
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 28 May 20 15:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, judb (and everyone else)

We're ok at present, hopefully an announcement later today regarding further easing of lockdown in England. Staying in as such hasn't bothered us, it's not seeing family/grandaughter that has been the hardest, like for most people.

Regards Margaret
 :)
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 29 September 21 16:36 BST (UK) »
Once again, thank you all. Quick update.

DNA testing has confirmed that Ure Beatrice Holden/Ward/Hubbard/Langley was not the mother of Steven Claude Ward.

An unknown lady registered the birth using Ure's name. She may or may not have been the same lady that went to Australia on Demosthenes.

1921 census should hopefully clarify things, but my Australian cousin is currently grandmotherless.
His DNA matches haven't identified her, but he has a fourth group of matches who obviously represent her ancestral line.

Regards Margaret

Offline Jennaya

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 30 September 21 13:07 BST (UK) »
This is an intriguing story.

Perhaps Steven's mother did die in childbirth in Australia with a subsequent pregnancy. Not sure what name the death would have been registered under.

Regards
Jennaya

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 06 January 23 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Another quick update.

1921 census has not been very helpful, sorry to say. I have searched and searched for Alfred and Steven Claude Ward, to no avail.

Ure Beatrice and Ernest Hubbard jnr are staying with her parents, Charles and Ann Esther Holden, plus Edward James Ward, at 31, Chalton Street, St Pancras, whilst Ernest Hubbard senior is at 33, Chalton Street.

I will carry on looking for Alfred and Steven intermittently, but not with much hope.

Thanks again to everybody for their input.

Regards Margaret

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Saturday 07 January 23 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Interesting catch -up thanks Margaret.

Regarding the mystery woman who registered the child and who possibly traveled to Australia as Ure.

If you have not already done so,it may be worth following up on the inhabitants of the address I have given previously,

22 Yonge Park, Finsbury Park, N4

As mentioned, this was given as the last address of the Australia bound couple on the shipping information.

Residents names as given previously, were-

1922 at 22 Yonge Park
FURNACE, Sydney
FURNACE Annie.
FURNACE, Albert William
RUSTON, Edwin
RUSTON, Lena

1919 22 Yonge Park
FURNACE Annie.
FURNACE, Albert William
FURNACE, Samuel James

There could be a DNA connection to suggest either of these surnames are relevant to your search.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 09 January 23 05:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that reminder, Sue.

No joy, unfortunately  :(

Margaret