Author Topic: Groups Feature on MyHeritage?  (Read 277 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Groups Feature on MyHeritage?
« on: Sunday 24 May 20 16:41 BST (UK) »
Afternoon

Can someone please confirm if there is a custom grouping tool at MyHeritage like AncestryDNA has?

At Ancestry when you review your DNA matches, there are numerous filtering options at the top of the screen including reviewing Unviewed matches but also being able to create custom groups and attach them to matches, which is useful for identifying matches on a particular branch together or grouping a cluster of matches who's relationship is yet to be determined.

At MyHeritage, which has several filtering options when reviewing matches, there doesn’t appear to be the option to create custom groups. Yes there is the option to add a custom note on each match, and there is the AutoCluster tool for grouping matches together, but if you want to review just the matches that have not been looked at yet, or those from a particular branch/group there doesn’t appear to be an effective way of doing this.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Groups Feature on MyHeritage?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 May 20 18:35 BST (UK) »
There is not grouping functionality at MyHeritage.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 June 20 11:16 BST (UK) »
hi there can you please help me understand something. well sometime ago i took a dna test on myheritage then so did my nephew who took hes dna test on myheritage hes mother is my full sister.
well about 2am this morning i recived a new dna match and it says great nephew 1st cousin once cousin removed.
I have message this person as i asked them how we could be related and im waiting on there reply.
but i was informed by my other sister that my dad told her he might of had other children out there but cant be sure.

my dad was born 1958

my oldest sister who was born 1972

my other sister was born 1979 her son took a dna test on myhertiage

then there is me born 1984

so if you can help me regarding what is the meaning of great nephew 1st cousin and 1st cousin removed as o tried finding what is the meaning of it on youtube but i cant find anything that will help me understand it.

thank you.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 June 20 12:44 BST (UK) »
MyHeritage gives you suggestions of a range of relationships that might fit a match of that size. A good way to get a better understanding of the possible relationships is to put the total number of cM into the shared cM tool at DNA Painter. This will show a visual representation of relationships which could be possible and tell you the probability of each.
https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn