Author Topic: seem to be coming to a dead end  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: seem to be coming to a dead end
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 May 20 12:48 BST (UK) »
You say you 'think' Norma died of tb which would suggest you don't have her death certificate.

I would certainly get a copy of this in case there are any other details on the certificate.

Also wondering why her son was born in Islington - one would have thought he'd have been born at the mother and baby home where she was living in St. Pancras.   Do you have a full copy of his birth certificate?   Any occupation given for Norma?

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Thebowmantrees

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: seem to be coming to a dead end
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 16:45 BST (UK) »
We have gotten a little further. Nothing major though.

October 1946 electoral roll is the earliest we can find her in the mother and baby home after she had had Daniel.  Which must mean she turned 21 between the April electron roll of that year and the October one. (Apparently there were two that year)
She is then living at cornwood close, Finchley in 1947 electrol roll with a married couple around the same age called Arthur and Lila franklin and another lady called Pauline m O’Neill. Wondered if Norma was renting a room off them but she would have had two young children with her?
Her death certificate came through, she died 24/01/1948 of pulmonary tuberculosis the steward at the hospital registered the death and previous address and occupation is listed as unknown which may suggest she was too poorly to tell them, but then they know her name and age??
Daniel is known to have been taken into care in January 1948 so he was with her right up until she died but still no information on a sister.
On Daniels birth certificate it shows her name as a Norma Eileen valentine land girl (land army) of 4 bakerhead street st Pancras, and no information on father on there.