Author Topic: Castleconnell Baptisms Help.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Castleconnell Baptisms Help.
« on: Monday 25 May 20 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi does anyone have access to Castleconnell Baptisms ? My Great Grandmother MARY BURNS..was born there c1888 and her Sister Margaret c1886 both girls came to Liverpool and were Servants, I never knew were about in Limerick they hailed from until I saw Margaret's husbands pension record from WW1 and it has Sally Mount Castleconnell as Margaret's birth place, I know their  father was called JOHN BURNS from Mary's marriage in 1912 Bootle Liverpool.

I would love to find out their mothers name and if they had any siblings I have took a stab at a John Burns and Mary Power who lived on Wood Road near Sally Mount as possible parents..

thanks Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Castleconnell Baptisms Help.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 May 20 22:20 BST (UK) »
The baptisms would be too late for Online Catholic records which usually stop about 1880.
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0758

Have you looked for their birth registrations?
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 00:16 BST (UK) »

... I would love to find out their mothers name and if they had any siblings I have took a stab at a John Burns and Mary Power who lived on Wood Road near Sally Mount as possible parents..

'RootsIreland' has a Castleconnell RC parish transcript for a Margaret baptised on 15 January 1882 for those parents, the address recorded as Hermitage, also a transcript for a civil birth for her registered at Annacotty on 27 February 1882, birth date recorded as 10 February, address as Stradbally.

Siblings...

Michael b. 1879:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1879/02891/2059309.pdf

Hanora b. 1883:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1884/02696/1993163.pdf

John b. 1888:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1888/02500/1927417.pdf

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 13:00 BST (UK) »

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 13:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone so John remarried 1895 is Mary's surname Connery ?  hard to read...he had more children...I am starting to think my Great Gran and her sister took a few years of themselves, her age is 21 in 1911 and then on the 1939 Register she says born 2nd May 1884, then on her death in 1965 she is 76 years old so c1890 I do have her death certificate..her ages are up the wall..

She did have a daughter called Norah so the Honorah makes sense as a sibling and Grandmother I just need to find her on 1901 census she should still be in Castleconnell..I do see Maggie Burns on Wood Rd as  Servant born c1883 and Michael Burns Servant b1879..

Thank you all again

Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 20:04 BST (UK) »
Yes, Mary Connery.
Just shows how not quite with it I am at the moment it never even crossed my mind he could be your girls father but it makes sense.

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 20:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all the help...I think I have found Mary and her sister Honora (Nora) at St George's Industrial School Clare St Limerick in 1901, do you have any information on this place ?? This could be the reason she left and came to Liverpool, she was 14 in 1901.

Cheers Colette