Author Topic: Diary > Monday 25th May  (Read 733 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 25th May
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 21:23 BST (UK) »
Couldn't agree more about the Sewing Bee, I'm happy to have a snigger at innuendos or even been the culprit but they're simply not acceptable on this sort of TV programme. It was like a dirty little boys' club in the school locker room.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 22:05 BST (UK) »
I feel the same standards are not applied equally to all contestants.
One garment is criticised because gathers are not equally distributed then another garment is praised and yet there are gathers unequally distributed!

Why is that woman so dour!
No jollity or fun.
It does irritate, anyone would think it was an important programme in the grand scheme !

Roobarb, having been the recipient this week
of many greetings and good wishes I can vouch for the kindness of posters, don ‘t worry, you will get encouragement and understanding in these strangest of times .
You express what is worrying you, out in the open it won’t seem so bad,
Old saying,” A trouble shared is a trouble halved”, there will always be a sympathetic ear on RootsChat.
Kind regards and I am sure I speak for many when I say it is far better to air your worries than bottle them up so keep sharing them with us, we won’ t be  , judgemental, some of us feel things more than others and especially when rotten neighbours have already caused unpleasantness.
Cheerio.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 23:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you Viktoria, that means a lot to me.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 00:27 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome Roobarb .
You know the saying “ Don’t let the @#&&#@ s get you down.
Viktoria.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 03:46 BST (UK) »
Usual start to the day and it was really warm and sunny.   I sat outside my flat for a while and decided in the evening I would start putting the plants my sister got for me in the various pots we have outside - by then the area would be in the shade.   

Halfway through my task the couple who live next door came out to chat and then was offered a glass of wine.   Why not, I thought - sounded a lovely idea.   The chap who lives in the flat below mine works at the hospital and gets back about 8.45.   He duly arrived, was offered a cold beer which he gratefully accepted, another chair appeared, and somehow after that the rest of the evening flew by.   We chatted more than we've ever done before, lots of humour and laughter too, and all in all a really lovely evening.

So, after the mundane start to the day, it ended on a real high!  (I should also add that we socially distanced).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 07:26 BST (UK) »
Well that is really nice Annette... something good out of it all if your block becomes a genuine community.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.