Author Topic: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/  (Read 15006 times)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 18:00 BST (UK) »

Even worse: Castle Barnard

Yes! That too.

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 18:09 BST (UK) »
Yes, these southerners also go on about “Glarrrsegow”; wherever that is!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 18:11 BST (UK) »
Just watching local (Tyne Tees) news.

Durham Police are regarding it as a 'critical incident'. They are going to look at cctv and other evidence, breaches of the Coronnovirus  regulations and are investigating breaches of the Highway Code.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 19:36 BST (UK) »
Is it not time everyone stopped getting so hot under the collar over the Cummings matter?. I think it is.
It's really quite a simple matter but is being complicated by "why did he do this?", "why did he do that", why did he do the other?", "why didn't he do this?", "why didn't he do that?", "why didn't he do the other?", "he should have done this", and so on and so forth, ad infinitum.
I'm not outraged, furious, angry, annoyed or even slightly miffed.
I see it like this -
1. Cummings was faced with a set of circumstances which required some form of action.
2. He looked at the problem, made a decision, made interpretations to suit his problem (therein lies the problem) made a plan and put it into action.
3. Whilst he may not have broken the law, he was no doubt involved at least in formulating the Stay
    At Home slogan which scared millions of people into staying at home since 23rd March to date.
4. As at 3, he may not have broken the law but he is wrong morally and has no alternative but to
    step down from his post or he should be removed.
I think it is a bit late now for Durham police to change their minds, they should have dealt with it properly in the first place. I think their investigating breaches of the Highway Code is also a waste of time, any evidence, if there was any, is long gone. Besides, it's not law, it sets a standard to which drivers should adhere. However, when was the last time you read it?. For me, it was the day before I passed my driving test.
A change of matters now.
It seems that we may have to put up with live football being broadcast on Saturday and Sunday. I don't have a problem with a game but it may be five live matches on a Saturday and five on a Sunday. That's at least 900 minutes or 15hrs of football in two days!. Aaaaagggghh.
On even a lighter note, the Yanks are launching a space-shot tonight at around 9.53 pm and at around 9.55pm it will be over Wales. I'll take a look.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 19:52 BST (UK) »
Is it not time everyone stopped getting so hot under the collar over the Cummings matter?. I think it is.

You may, Llwyd.  Please do.

I won't
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 19:55 BST (UK) »
Neither will I.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline derekwg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 20:16 BST (UK) »

I dont think its anything to do with Dominic Cummiings,but thats my view..time to move on.
Weaving...Rodborough,Stroud,Ruscombe.
 Browning...ditto.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 20:28 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry I can't just stop being angry.  He endangered lives more than once, he has no excuse re understanding the guidance as he helped draft them, he had multiple other options that did not involve breaking the guidelines or the law, he does not regret it, that was not an apology, he tried to gaslight the public, the guidelines have been changed to protect him not because it's safe and more people will suffer and die, he has caused me issues which may destroy me personally all because i tried to do the right thing and follow the rules.  AFAIC he has metaphorically slapped every person who has suffered but tried to follow the rules, every bereaved family who has had their mourning controlled because they tried to follow the rules, everyone who is struggling with missing family,juggling childcare (without breaking rules), missing out on celebrating family events.  The last 2 months have been hard but you could tell yourself it was all for the greater good, to save lives so that it could eventually be over.  Well all that effort has all been for nothing, all the good has been undone and there is likely to not only be a second wave but a bigger one.  This has pushed me over the edge emotionally and i just can't see any point any more.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 27 May 20 20:31 BST (UK) »
Don't apologise for staying angry, Pharma, there are plenty of people still angry, me included.

But for goodness sake none of this 'giving up' talk.  You do wonderfully. 

It's a hard time, but you can do it.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex