Author Topic: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/  (Read 14980 times)

Offline carom

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/
« Reply #180 on: Saturday 30 May 20 11:52 BST (UK) »
With Serco who were fined £19m last year for fraud and false accounting running track and trace and Dido Harding, Oxford PPE chum of David Cameron, failed CEO of Talk Talk and board director of the Jockey club and Cheltenham racecourse at the helm, I'm sure it will be world beating.
A world beating muck up!

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Saturday 30 May 20 13:10 BST (UK) »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

Why do we have to announce this as 'world-beating'?
Why can't we just have a system which we are building to be as competent as possible?

OK, I withdraw what I said in my last post, the whole thing appears to be a scam!

Online Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Saturday 30 May 20 13:36 BST (UK) »
My niece works for the local sexual health team and she is currently involved in setting up a covid tracing system for the county.  I don't think this is part of the national system but in addition.  One positive is that team she works with will have lots of experience in contact tracing, so that gives me a glimmer hope, especially if these teams are involved country wide and in addition to the "world beating" system!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rayard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Saturday 30 May 20 14:47 BST (UK) »
If people can't be bothered to observe social distancing then they are hardly likely to self-isolate for 14 days.  I don't use my local shop as people are just going in and out as normal, sometimes in groups with pushchairs, no face coverings, no distancing whatsoever. (It's also a Post Office.) Some neighbours are already having several visitors.
On the pavement people walk close by even if I go onto the kerb, it's as though lockdown has ended already.
rayard.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Saturday 30 May 20 15:37 BST (UK) »
Anent tracking & tracing, interesting stuff from Bella!

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2020/05/29/track-and-trace-stay-elite/

Skoosh.
Will this be used in Scotland ?
Cowban

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Saturday 30 May 20 15:40 BST (UK) »
From the reports of numbers of fines handed out, I don't think it ever started in some people's minds And they are only the ones caught by the police and who they failed to encourage, cajole etc to disperse and go home.

Greece will be allowing tourists in from mid June - but only from countries which have infection rates under control - it does not include UK.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Saturday 30 May 20 15:49 BST (UK) »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

Why do we have to announce this as 'world-beating'?
Why can't we just have a system which we are building to be as competent as possible?

I didn't realise it was a competition. Sort of IT World Cup. I know many people are missing real sport but ...
I will also be satisfied with competent. Superlatives have taken over. Superlativitis is a contagion which has infected many organisations including local authorities.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Saturday 30 May 20 15:51 BST (UK) »
My niece works for the local sexual health team and she is currently involved in setting up a covid tracing system for the county.  I don't think this is part of the national system but in addition.  One positive is that team she works with will have lots of experience in contact tracing, so that gives me a glimmer hope, especially if these teams are involved country wide and in addition to the "world beating" system!

Perhaps she's one of the thousands of experts to whom the PM referred.
Cowban

Online Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Saturday 30 May 20 16:36 BST (UK) »

Perhaps she's one of the thousands of experts to whom the PM referred.

She'll definitely have more expertise than him. She's not one of the 24000 new recruits and has more than 10 years experience in contact tracing.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk