Author Topic: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/  (Read 14944 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/
« Reply #189 on: Saturday 30 May 20 18:15 BST (UK) »
I've more or less given up listening to the Govt's press updates but today I had to be in.

I found it interesting that Prof Van-Tam was pretty firm in his reply when asked whether those in power should follow the rules. The specific topic was about DC  ~
Should people in authority give a lead and obey the rules above all?

I’m quite happy to answer.
In my opinion the rules are clear & they have always been clear.
In my opinion they are there for the benefit of all & in my opinion they apply to all

He sounded very forceful in his reply, unlike previous colleagues.

He was also very firm on the risks of loosening the lockdown rules. I sensed that he didn't approve.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Saturday 30 May 20 18:18 BST (UK) »
My niece works for the local sexual health team and she is currently involved in setting up a covid tracing system for the county.  I don't think this is part of the national system but in addition.  One positive is that team she works with will have lots of experience in contact tracing, so that gives me a glimmer hope, especially if these teams are involved country wide and in addition to the "world beating" system!

The NHS has had a contact tracing system for many years that is used for various outbreaks of communicable over the years. These include tuberculosis, whooping cough, meningococcal, aids, etc.
The separate NHS regions though using slightly different practices are used to working together in this contact tracing and this local based system will be working in conjunction with the new contact tracers.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Saturday 30 May 20 18:43 BST (UK) »
I've more or less given up listening to the Govt's press updates but today I had to be in.

I found it interesting that Prof Van-Tam was pretty firm in his reply when asked whether those in power should follow the rules. The specific topic was about DC  ~

In my opinion they are there for the benefit of all & in my opinion they apply to all

He was also very firm on the risks of loosening the lockdown rules. I sensed that he didn't approve.

Gadget

Agreed, he was very firm and forceful, got his point of view across.

Regards Margaret

STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Saturday 30 May 20 18:47 BST (UK) »

Gadget

Wonder if that's the last time he'll be invited to the daily briefing?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Saturday 30 May 20 18:57 BST (UK) »
I gather that there's an interesting poll out tonight ( Opinium for Observer).
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Saturday 30 May 20 19:49 BST (UK) »

Wonder if that's the last time he'll be invited to the daily briefing?

I wondered that as well.
North East of England

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Saturday 30 May 20 21:41 BST (UK) »
I too was delighted to hear Professor Van-Tam say that lockdown rules apply to everybody.  Obvious really.  No point in having lockdown rules which allow the entitled and/or stupid to travel all over the place spreading the virus.  Interesting that the incidence of the disease in Durham was low when the Cummings family arrived, but thereafter the area became - and remains - one of the high-scorers.  A fine example of why lockdown should apply to everyone, and why we who have been obeying the rules (and many suffering great hardships to do so) feel most aggrieved at the flippancy with which some still regard it.  I'm not 'moving on' because moving on implies that I should forget.  60.000 dead people, each with grieving families and friends, say we must not move on. 
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Saturday 30 May 20 21:46 BST (UK) »
And what's more ... thought you might like this bit of cleverness from the Telegraph crossword compiler. 
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Saturday 30 May 20 23:46 BST (UK) »
Greensleeves 196  ;D ;D ;D Hahaha!
Cowban