Author Topic: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/  (Read 14936 times)

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion on Current Situation 2/
« Reply #216 on: Sunday 31 May 20 11:55 BST (UK) »
Anyone seen the scenes from Durdle Door in Dorset yesterday?  Social Distancing, my ar*e!
Every picture tells a story.
So what's the answer to this then Boris?
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Sunday 31 May 20 11:57 BST (UK) »
Derek, I've always regarded you as a good friend and still do. That M on S article is really not an argument that can be used to defend DC. Two wrongs don't make a right and DC has admitted that he did the same and more.

I completely agree. Two wrongs don't make a right is something I regularly tell my girls.

I also think breaking down the data into smaller areas would be beneficial if they want to narrow down hotspots and implement localised shutdowns should they be necessary.

I saw the pictures of many beaches and I dispair, the past 10 weeks have all been for nothing, all that work and it's undone in one weekend.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline derekwg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Sunday 31 May 20 12:12 BST (UK) »

Well Gadget,all I can say is that if every one took the same stance on the other MPs who have supposedly broke the rules,ie,attending a funeral with 100 or so mourners,the MP who travelled to Wales to see his sick relaltive,etc etc etc.....100s if not thousands of complaints and partys,barbecues,etc etc,all supoosedly broke the rules and reported to the authorities and nothing done,I might just have a bit of sympathy,but its just turned into a witchhunt against one or more people.
Weaving...Rodborough,Stroud,Ruscombe.
 Browning...ditto.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Sunday 31 May 20 12:22 BST (UK) »
I think the difference between other MPs doing it and Dominic Cummings, is that he was involved in making the rules in the first place, he was amongst the people advising what they should be. The other MPs should have set an example, but no doubt many of them were as confused as the general public as to what we could or couldn't do.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Sunday 31 May 20 12:54 BST (UK) »
Something very weird is happening. I thought we were still at level 4 on the govt's 5 test level chart or road map.

However, the features, shown on the top row, don't seem to have been met for Level 1 relaxations.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Sunday 31 May 20 12:56 BST (UK) »
Guy, please practice what you preach, in reply#154 of this thread you stated that the Highway Code is not law it is guidance.

Gaie

That is correct the Highway code is not law it is guidance, there are certain sections in the Highway Code that are stating what the legislation says but it is the legislation that gives them the weight of law.
There are also numerous sections that cannot be enforced by law as there is no legislation to uphold the words written.

I apologise if I confused you.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Sunday 31 May 20 13:16 BST (UK) »
Derek - your favourite paper announces that in a reputable 81%  of the people asked believe that DC  did break the rulesL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8373959/Tory-poll-lead-crashes-four-points-amid-Dominic-Cummings-row.html
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Sunday 31 May 20 13:21 BST (UK) »
Guy, please practice what you preach, in reply#154 of this thread you stated that the Highway Code is not law it is guidance.

Gaie

That is correct the Highway code is not law it is guidance, there are certain sections in the Highway Code that are stating what the legislation says but it is the legislation that gives them the weight of law.
There are also numerous sections that cannot be enforced by law as there is no legislation to uphold the words written.

Cheers
Guy

I hope you read Greensleeve's early reply to that as a JP.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Sunday 31 May 20 13:26 BST (UK) »

Gaie

Cheers
Guy

No confusion at all on my part just a feeling allowing for benefit of the doubt that you had missed my statement re it being possible to do something within the letter of the law and still be in the wrong.  Not to mention the explanations given by others regarding how other named offences would potentially apply. 
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others