Author Topic: Transferring audio cassette recordings to computer  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring audio cassette recordings to computer
« Reply #27 on: Friday 12 June 20 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Judith,   I had an email from Sarah the Moderator and it is not possible to transfer Audio Files, only text and picture files.  She may send you my other email address securely and that will allow you to send a copy of a tape and I will Improve it through Audacity and Send it back to you so you can hear the difference.  I will include the step by step instructions so you can do it too, cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 12 June 20 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Ian,

If you click on the dark round circle below Judiths username, you can send a private message with your email address, it is the one on the right hand side ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 June 20 20:52 BST (UK) »
My Dickinsons start with Joseph b 1796 @ Bolton-le-Sands who married Ann Newsom and their daughter Jane was the 2nd wife of John Cathcart b 1828 Ireland who married Ann Bowles in Dublin in 1848 but she died in 1850 at Preston, Lancs, so John and Jane married at Preston in 1853 and their son James Cathcart was my Great Grandfather.
I haven't found all the Dickinson connections yet but Ann died and Joseph, a mariner, was lost on the sands and his body not washed up for over a year, so Jane and her siblings were orphaned before she married John Cathcart.  Cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.