Author Topic: Asda shopping Part 2  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Asda shopping Part 2
« on: Monday 25 May 20 18:43 BST (UK) »
Asda, Laila special long-grain Basmati rice. £2 a kilo!

Skoosh.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Asda shopping Part 2
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 10:37 BST (UK) »

waste of time...........
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 11:12 BST (UK) »
Not Asda this time but a shopping update.

Went into Sainsbury's yesterday (long story involving daughter's dead car battery, 2 petrol cans for mower and more which I won't bore you all with) but there was no queue (probably since it was a lovely, sunny Bank Holiday and everyone headed to the beaches). Got the few items I wanted and went to a checkout.
Woman at the checkout found hole in bag of sugar so an employee brought a new one (passing very close right behind me to reach it over to till operator). Next was a man with a few items (we were chatting from a distance while waiting) and as he left, and before I could move forward, I felt someone along side of me. Turned around and it was same employee now chatting (very close) to the people waiting behind me. This girls was only about 2 feet away so I looked at her and asked "Do staff not also need to social distance?" She gave me a funny look so I said "You are very close to me at the moment and also were a few minutes ago." She jumped back behind the screen and made another (different) funny face. Luckily she didn't say anything or else I would have reported her!
In better news, last night 2 daughters & 1 partner came to visit last night. We sat outside in car or deck chairs, drank our own coffee, walked about the garden (we've made lots of changes since lockdown started) and had a wonderful evening.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 12:43 BST (UK) »
In better news, last night 2 daughters & 1 partner came to visit last night. We sat outside in car or deck chairs, drank our own coffee, walked about the garden (we've made lots of changes since lockdown started) and had a wonderful evening.

My sister and I haven't seen each other since the middle of March. However, yesterday, when we were talking on the phone, we both realised that as neither she, my brother in law nor I have really been out or come in to contact with anyone, there is no reason why we can't meet. So sometime this week they are coming to me and we can social distance in the garden! Luckily as well, where we live, there have been no new reported cases for a few days.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

guest189040

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 17:59 BST (UK) »

My sister and I haven't seen each other since the middle of March. However, yesterday, when we were talking on the phone, we both realised that as neither she, my brother in law nor I have really been out or come in to contact with anyone, there is no reason why we can't meet. So sometime this week they are coming to me and we can social distance in the garden! Luckily as well, where we live, there have been no new reported cases for a few days.

Latest on CV on the BBC

You can meet ONE other person from another household, outdoors.

The government scientific advice is that you remain 2m (6ft) apart.

You CAN’T visit friends or relatives in their houses or indoors.

Nor can you gather in a larger group with people who are not from your household (apart from a few exceptions, such as funerals).

Higher fines will be imposed for anyone who breaks these rules.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 18:23 BST (UK) »
Well I’m sure I can find a loop hole, as certain a government adviser managed to! They will be bringing me shopping, they won’t be coming through the house, we will social distance. As my sister is partially sighted i.e needs assistance, she can’t meet anyone on her own and I can’t touch her to help her to a seat etc.  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 23:24 BST (UK) »
As my sister is partially sighted i.e needs assistance, she can’t meet anyone on her own and I can’t touch her to help her to a seat etc.  ;D

Does she listen to "In Touch", Tuesdays, Radio 4? Part of tonight's programme was about visually-impaired people and social distancing.
I made a very late visit to wee Tesco as I'd run out of milk and bread. I only go there late evening or Sunday afternoon, hoping there are few customers.  Mackerel in tomato sauce is back in stock so I bought 2 tins. The other tinned item on my list wasn't there.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 23:34 BST (UK) »
Latest on CV on the BBC
You can meet ONE other person from another household, outdoors.

That's in England.
Cowban

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 23:40 BST (UK) »
Yes, the situation in Northern Ireland is different-
"Groups of up to six people who do not share a household can meet up outdoors while maintaining social distancing."
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!