Author Topic: Death record in Colorado 1915  (Read 480 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death record in Colorado 1915
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 31 May 20 13:55 BST (UK) »
Fantastic thanks oldohiohome; the family are his direct descendants (if the right man), so hopefully they will qualify. Might rule him out one way or the other. 
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 31 May 20 14:45 BST (UK) »
Fantastic thanks oldohiohome; the family are his direct descendants (if the right man), so hopefully they will qualify. Might rule him out one way or the other.
More than I hoped for, I thought you'd be a second cousin by marriage, etc :).
Glad to know.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 31 May 20 14:47 BST (UK) »
No only helping a recent friend!

He and his cousin are going to get the birth certificates they need and hopefully then apply. But if the friend was the informant - and knew little about the family - i guess they may not release the death certificate.   
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:15 BST (UK) »
I think I have found the connection. This settlement with the mining company mentions that Harry Martin had a minor son William James Martin in Wales.

Denver Labor Bulletin
March 18, 1916

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 31 May 20 15:19 BST (UK) »
I think I have found the connection. This settlement with the mining company mentions that Harry Martin had a minor son William James Martin in Wales.

Denver Labor Bulletin
March 18, 1916

Wow, thatís brilliant thanks. It did seem too coincidental not to be the same man, but that was the sonís name, so now we know.

You are all amazing, thanks for the help.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 31 May 20 20:18 BST (UK) »
Just to update, we have now found Henry / Harryís wife, Rose. We can only assume they separated, willingly or otherwise (family pressures) as she married again 7 years later in her maiden name. Struggling to find out if she had any further children but she lived to be 70. A fascinating puzzle but many loose ends tied up.

Thanks for all the help.