Author Topic: Skyrme/Hurst/Deeprose/Tarrent/Lang SURNAMES RELATED TO DOCUMENTS PHOTOS ETC  (Read 719 times)

Offline LibbyW

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hannah Louise Robins 1877-1946
    • View Profile
My Godmother Wendy Stewart-Hess nee Skyrme died many years ago, I have Lasting Power of Attorney for her husband. When he went into a care home I found a box of goodies which I believe is related to the SKYRME family somehow although all the above names have links. I have asked her niece if she wants these but as her mum has also died she has no interest if she does not know who they are as she has no one to ask.

The box contains 2 little bibles, inside one it says 'To Maggie with love from Jack  dated 25th Dec 15'  inside the other 'For my dear daughter Jasmine on the day of her confirmation April 3rd 1925 at All Saints Church Beardsen'.

Also the most fantastic little album of old photographs (33) I have ever seen. The photographers on the back of some of the photos are WH Geddes & Son, Arbroathe, A & G Taylor, Swansea, Henry A Chapmen, Swansea, Richard Stuart Browns, Edinburgh.James G Godwin, Hereford to name just a few.

There is also a marriage certificate for  Andrew Deeprose to Minnie Rose Tarrant  (02.12.1888) Parish of Portsea Southampton.

Death Certificate for Dorothy Louise Skyrme (DOB 29th Oct 1904-Portsmouth) nee Lang.

A copy of my godmothers marriage certificate. Wendy Skyrme (7th Oct 1967)

If your recognise any of these names please can you let me know so I can send them on to the right person/people.

Thanks for reading
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Perry:- Middlesex, Hertford, Essex.  Britton:- Middlesex, London, Gloucester.  Murray:- Lancashire.  Lee:- Liverpool.  Bennison:- Cumberland, Yorkshire? Robins:- Liverpool, London, Devon.  Procter:- Liverpool. Westhead :- Liverpool. Norman :- Essex, Suffolk. Kitchener:- Bedford, Middlesex. Marriage:- Middlesex. Chopping:- Hertford.