Author Topic: Same day delivery from Argos - brilliant.  (Read 1336 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Same day delivery from Argos - brilliant.
« on: Monday 01 June 20 09:31 BST (UK) »
Yesterday I was after a cheap little watch, and I looked at Argos. I was amazed to see that it was possible to order it and have it a few hours later - the same day!

In the end I opted for the delivery slot to be this morning.

Impressive is that they sent me a text alert this morning to remind me that the delivery was on the way, and they gave me a more accurate two-hour timeslot of when it would arrive.

Some time later, I got another text to inform me that the driver (and it gave the name of the driver) would be with me in one minute. It also gave instructions that the driver would leave the item on my doorstep and to allow him time to retreat to a safe distance before opening the door.

So a minute later, an Argos van, all shiny and clean, pulled up and out jumped a cheery chap with a tiny little carrier bag. I waved at him from the window and he put the package down, and then we both waved at each other, and he was off again.

So I brought in the little bag, and left it in our quarantine hallway. Off I went to wash my hands. So tomorrow, I'll see what's in the bag.

Hopefully it's a cheap little watch. Time will tell.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Same day delivery from Argos - brilliant.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 June 20 09:40 BST (UK) »
Excellent service. Caroline had some great service a day or two from Sainsburys. So often you hear about the negatives so it makes a nice change to hear about the positives too.

If you are someone who reviews or gives feedback I’m sure it would be appreciated by the staff. My daughter works part time in retail and it does lift her spirits to have some positive interaction and feedback from customers.
 :)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 June 20 11:54 BST (UK) »
The Argos delivery I got today was delivered by Argos themselves.

An excellent service.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 June 20 12:07 BST (UK) »
The Argos delivery I got today was delivered by Argos themselves.

An excellent service.

Yes, I ordered printer ink from them at the beginning of lock-down.  I admit that I was a bit sceptical but there it was next day delivery, arrived on time and just as ordered  :D
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 June 20 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hopefully it's a cheap little watch. Time will tell.

Trystan

;D ;D ;D You been in the knife drawer Trystan?  ;D

I was waiting for a delivery from Hermes last week (or was it the week before?), the tracking information was absolutely useless, I don't know if the diagram was an example but it was very misleading, showed dates back in April when I hadn't ordered till May. They do have a bad reputation, my delivery eventually arrived with a local courier, i.e someone in a car not a van. I think that's probably half the problem, unlike the van drivers they fit it in when they can and the tracking is down to them, not the movement of the vehicle. 
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 June 20 20:53 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to find a garden parasol on Argos that I could have delivered, at one time there weren't any available for delivery to my postcode then the base I wanted wasn't available for delivery either. (Or click and collect, which I don't want to do anyway). Today I managed to order a parasol with same day delivery for the same price as delivery tomorrow. I opted for the 7-11 pm slot as it stays light very late at the moment and I hoped it would be nearer the seven than the eleven. I haven't given my phone number to Argos but I got an email at quarter to seven to say my order had been dispatched and would arrive between 7.12 and 9.12 pm. The website kept telling me there were seven deliveries and it was still at number one an hour later. Clearly not as the driver arrived at about 8.10, saw me at the window, left the parcel at the front door and knocked then retreated. Took it into quarantine (the garage), washed hands.
As you said Trystan, great service.

As for the parasol base, I've had to order one from Amazon ....
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales