Author Topic: Donald Fraser DURWARD b 1884  (Read 407 times)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Donald Fraser DURWARD b 1884
« on: Monday 01 June 20 09:32 BST (UK) »
I've put this on the Angus board because that is where he would have started out

I would appreciate some help/ideas to find Donald Fraser DURWARD b 1884 in Holbeach, Lincolnshire, in 1891  But who ever he is with may not know that as they went back to Abroath very soon after his birth.
His parents both died before 1891, and I have accounted for all his siblings. The one next to him in age, Marjory (as DEWARD), is  in the Aberlour orphanage, where she died later in the year but  I cannot find Donald.  Being Scotland’s people I cannot page through the census.  But I have tried with just Donald, and with wild cards and fuzzy matching etc.

NB  just to confuse everyone, John MacLeod DURWARD junior had a son also named Donald Fraser DURWARD b 1902/3 who comes up in a lot of searches.

I don’t need to know about the rest of his siblings.  It is just Donald in 1891 I cannot find.  In 1901 he is in Aberdeen, a Law Clerk, and an older brother Herbert is in lodgings with him.

Thank you.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Fraser DURWARD b 1884
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 June 20 11:45 BST (UK) »
NZ WWI Service Records. The top of the record has been trimmed short but the birth is 15 -(3 or 5) 1884, England. Next of kin is brother J.M. also in the N.Z. military.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 June 20 11:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you Don, yes I have that. It is just his whereabouts in 1891  I am looking for.
I feel he should be in that orphanage, but I can’t think what else I could put in the search box!

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 June 20 13:24 BST (UK) »
He's not at the Orphanage unless he was missed and with over 240 residents that is a possibility.  There is not one Donald listed.

This would be your next stop.
https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/search/archives/3bae7c19-5cb4-3c17-82a3-8a7068e5a13f

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 June 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much.
Yes, I suppose being missed is a possibility.
Thank you for the link. Will write to them when they are back up and running.