Author Topic: Holt / Searle / Gapper / Legg families Chideok area  (Read 575 times)

Offline AngelaC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Holt / Searle / Gapper / Legg families Chideok area
« on: Tuesday 02 June 20 06:55 BST (UK) »
The attached photo was taken in 1938 during my parents' honeymoon in Dorset. My mother is on the left of the photo but I have no idea who the other people are.
I have other photos showing members of the abovenamed families who are relatives through my mother's grandmother, Emma Holt (1857 Charmouth - 1937 Gosport). She married James Lacy in Parkstone in 1882. The Holts are related to the Searle, Gapper and Legg families through marriages of some of Emma's sisters. Others married into the Hodder, Hawker, Trim and Charles families so the people in the photo may even be from these families.
This is a very long shot but does anybody out there recognise any of the people in this photo?
Many thanks for your help.
Adams, Bamber, Cleverley, Earwaker, Frake, Holt, Lacy, Laming, Levett, Lipscomb(e), Newlyn, Pett, Smith (Hampshire); Hill (Alverstoke and Middlesex); Holt (Dorset); Lacy (London, Kent)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Holt / Searle / Gapper / Legg families Chideok area
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 12:50 BST (UK) »
Can I suggest that you contact the Dorset Family History Society?  I am sure they would be happy to print a letter and the photograph.

https://www.dorsetfhs.org.uk/contact-us/

I've just received their latest journal so you have plenty of time to have your item included in the next one (due September)!
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AngelaC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Holt / Searle / Gapper / Legg families Chideok area
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 07:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this suggestion. I'll try it and see if I have any luck.

Kind regards
Angela
Adams, Bamber, Cleverley, Earwaker, Frake, Holt, Lacy, Laming, Levett, Lipscomb(e), Newlyn, Pett, Smith (Hampshire); Hill (Alverstoke and Middlesex); Holt (Dorset); Lacy (London, Kent)