Author Topic: Moore. Robert Moore married to Anne Tregilgas/Tregilgus  (Read 927 times)

Offline RobYeal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moore. Robert Moore married to Anne Tregilgas/Tregilgus
« on: Tuesday 02 June 20 23:03 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any help I can get on the Parentage of Robert Moore from Mevagissey bc1740. He married Anne Tregilgas on 2nd November 1771. Robert would be my direct gggggrandfather.
Yeal, Bulmer, Horsley, Hood, Coulson, Cuthbert, Parry, Turpie

Online osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moore. Robert Moore married to Anne Tregilgas/Tregilgus
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 13:47 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!  ;D

Robert is noted on his marriage as a mariner, so it's very possible that he wasn't born in Cornwall. I can see 2 children to the couple, John bp 19 Jan 1772 & Edward bp 30 Jan 1774. Ann would appear to be baptised 15 April 1745, daughter of Edward & Anne, so it's possible that Robert's father was called John.

parish entry for the marriage. One of the witnesses, Edward Cock, is probably the parish clerk given that he witnesses many of the marriages.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01pji/

I thought I'd found a possible Robert son of John baptised in Clovelly, Devon in 1743 but he married there, also in November 1771.
Another possible is a Robert Moore son of John & Mary baptised 5 July 1748 in Sandford, Devon. There is a note after the baptism (died in Cornwall) but the year of death isn't clear 17-2. The register can be accessed via Findmypast.

There will be more possibles.

:-\
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb