Author Topic: Hermes Delivery Problems  (Read 3013 times)

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
Re: Hermes Delivery Problems
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 June 20 16:55 BST (UK) »

Never, ever use eflorist - you have been warned !  My daughter paid for a luxury bouquet for my birthday.  So disappointing, arrived late, was dumped, literally because I saw the delivery man, upside down on the doorstep.

I had 5 white roses, 5 stems of freesia and 1 stem of what I call asparagus greenery.  The flowers were mangled. They were supposed to be tied into the box to stop them moving around. The ribbon was loose in the box.

No customer service at all.  I put a complaint on their Facebook page, within minutes it was gone, tried again, gone.  Another person agreed with me, that went too.  Looking at the photos of their flowers there are many comments and replies but you can only see 2 or 3 . 

No apology, zero customer service and no refund.
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:07 BST (UK) »
Still nothing and the tracker seems to have stuck on the same message.

I've spent the afternoon in the garden, dead heading and weeding, getting some Vit D, etc. just in case the driver arrived.

It's amazing how many delivery vans go by!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:15 BST (UK) »
suey - how very, very sad for you and your daughter.  She spent her money and in good faith - she won't be using that company again will she? And you might not be recommending it, either  :-\ :-\ And now we all know about it.  ;)

Unfortunately it might be a one-off from the location, but then as you state, eflorist removed complaints.  >:(
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:20 BST (UK) »
Out of all the delivery companies I’ve dealt Hermes is one of the best.  I might just be lucky and have a good person on my round.  Yodel is by far the worst.  They leave parcels all over the place, in my bin, thrown over the side gate or on the door step in full view of the pavement.  I appear to have problems when Amazon send through Weybridge depot, the parcels never come out again.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:44 BST (UK) »
suey - how very, very sad for you and your daughter.  She spent her money and in good faith - she won't be using that company again will she? And you might not be recommending it, either  :-\ :-\ And now we all know about it.  ;)

Unfortunately it might be a one-off from the location, but then as you state, eflorist removed complaints.  >:(

I posted on our local village Facebook page simply enquiring if anyone had else had used eflorist. Over 100 replies and the verdict was that you would be better off spending your money on garage forecourt flowers 💐
Lesson learned,
I still had a good day, the usual amount of cards in the post which surprised me as this was the beginning of May and most folk were  in lockdown. And pressies delivered to the top of the recycling bin for distancing collection 😁
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 00:04 BST (UK) »
Regarding Hermes deliveries... they are dreadful in our village like someone else's comment we have nextdoor site for village posts and constant queries on tgere about non delivered parcels, not able to make head nor tail of their website etc etc...
Only had one delivery... well non delivery... contacted company my son ( who lives in Oz) had ordered from and they cancelled the order and sent it via email... it was a golf voucher for O.H... son thought it would be nice for him to get it personally rather than ecard!

On the other hand I've used a certain online flower delivery service named B ... & W.... and have been delighted with their service and quality... friends have sent me pictures of the flowers ive hand sent to them and they've always looked great..

I think sometimes it's the luck if the draw!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 20:37 BST (UK) »
Just to add that Lakeland are now taking it up with Hermes. I fear that they will probably have to re-send. I also note that I can ask for a different delivery firm.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 14:27 BST (UK) »
I must be lucky because I've not, so far, had any problems with delivery from anyone. Long may it continue.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 14:33 BST (UK) »
I've heard poor reports of Hermes deliveries, but my own experience has been very positive. I've never had any problems.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk