Author Topic: Hermes Delivery Problems  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
Re: Hermes Delivery Problems
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 09 June 20 19:41 BST (UK) »
Ordered two items from different suppliers on Sunday. One due to arrive 10/6, the other had no delivery date.
Both arrived safely today, 9/6, via different delivery firms.
Excellent service.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 13 June 20 13:07 BST (UK) »
Three deliveries this week on different days, all correct, all on time.  Makes a pleasant change.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 13 June 20 13:29 BST (UK) »
First delivery in ages from Hermes, several days late and delivered to a neighbour, without instructions to do so and with no notification that it had been done!  Good job we have honest neighbours!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 13 June 20 14:50 BST (UK) »
Oh dear - I'm waiting with baited breath to see if an order I placed recently is going to delivered by Hermes....
if I'd known I might have reconsidered my order as our village has an appalling record for Hermes deliveries.....
I will be interested to see WHEN it arrives or even IF it does arrive!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 13 June 20 15:01 BST (UK) »
I've had no problem with any deliveries before this episode - even when we lived in the NW Highlands!

Mind, I don't think we've had Hermes before.

The happy ending is that we finally had two parcels delivered as Lakeland  had sent a replacement parcel and both arrived on the same day. Lakeland, the excellent company that they are, told me that I should keep the second one,  with their compliments.

:D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 14 June 20 11:16 BST (UK) »
I think it must depend where you live.  I've never had problems with Hermes.  At my previous address outside Basingstoke, it was always the same woman who delivered and always around 10.00-10.15am, I guess that's because of the route she took with her deliveries.  My daughter who lives in Basingstoke also has a woman who delivers with Hermes.  She always arrives at the same time and (before Covid) she would only deliver on the days she knew my daughter was at home and not even try to deliver on the days she knew my daughter would be at work, just held onto the packages for my daughter.

Where we live now, it has been the same delivery man for the past nearly 3 years.  He always arrives around midday. 

The only one I have problems with is Yodel, I received some plants a couple of weeks ago, clearly marked "Plants this way up".  When I received them the delivery man wasn't even holding the boxes the right way up, he was just swinging them from the plastic tape which was wrapped round them.  The boxes also looked as if something had been dropped from a height on to them.  I told him that they weren't in very good condition, he just shrugged and said he'd put that they were damaged into his hand held computer.  I complained to the retailer and got a full refund, but that's not really the point is it?  The retailer shouldn't have to lose out because of Yodel, although I guess they're cheaper than other couriers so the retailers just cut their losses, rather than use a better and more expensive courier.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 00:32 BST (UK) »
Hermes delivery excellent today...
email to enable you to track how things are going...
Timeslot given and all arrived within given time ...
Doorbell rung, box on doorstep nd driver confirming I was person detailed on the label...
Couldn't fault them...
he's a new driver... but seem him alot recently in the village

Can't complain as good here safely...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 08:23 BST (UK) »
I have had Hermes deliveries from M&S & JL in the past week both without any problems. These large companies must have some faith in them to use them for their deliveries.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 09:40 BST (UK) »
I think, as many said early on in this thread, it's a local issue. Also, Hermes and Yodel are at the bottom of many reliability listings.

I would definitely not order from companies using them for deliveries.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***