Author Topic: Ancestry - Hiccups? and New Feature  (Read 803 times)

Offline ms_canuck

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry - Hiccups? and New Feature
« on: Wednesday 03 June 20 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hiccups...  For the past few days, Ancestry has been doing something a bit odd and slightly annoying.  For instance:  I started out looking at Fred Smith's profile and once finished, I selected Mary Brown's profile.  I decided to look at the 1939 Census on Mary's profile.  When I clicked the arrow to exit the document, I was immediately back in Fred Smith's profile!  This is happening no matter who I start with.  Anytime I come out of viewing an actual document (of any kind), I am taken back to the person I started with.   Has anyone else experienced this?

New (Beta) Feature:  When I look at the hint screen for anyone, if there is a hint Ancestry thinks would be particularly useful, it puts a blue box indicating what the record is.  The little green leaf is in the corner of the box.  Kind of spoon feeding to the extreme?  I can just ignore it of course, and like any of their hints, just because it's there, doesn't mean it's right!  LOL

Ah well...not huge things in light of recent events!

Ms_C
1. Paul - Guernsey 1801
2. Ettenton / Eltenton - Guernsey 1806

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry - Hiccups? and New Feature
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 June 20 06:15 BST (UK) »
I've just started getting the Beta feature hints. Went looking to see if anyone else had.

How annoying they are, especially as some of the hints I am getting are for things I already have in the person's profile!

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 June 20 11:47 BST (UK) »
I have not been experiencing your first problem. Have you tried clearing your cache? It may just be something that is hanging from earlier if you have been updated onto the new beta.
The beta hints seem to be on a fairly slow roll out. I am not lucky enough to have them yet.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 June 20 12:41 BST (UK) »
Yes -- they were throwing hints at me yesterday in a little blue box..

reviewed and dealt with.. asap

xin 

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 June 20 14:25 BST (UK) »
What the HECK are they doing......

I was in the middle of a search (luckily I have more than one tree)   and adding details to a person.. they threw up a hint.. (in a blue box)   I havent reviewed it because I suddenly realised the whole family that I was adding to had gone.......... blitted... not there.. panic stations.. .. so I will calmly go back now and see it has re-appeared.... Have they got 'lockdown fever' and in need to fiddle with buttons fgs.

LEAVE it alone.

OK  --- its me --- (or is it!?!?)   it hadn't gone, they just added another duplicate set of parents and shifted her on to them... I still wish they would let ME work my tree and leave me alone..  can you turn these NEW hints off????

xin

Offline ms_canuck

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 June 20 15:05 BST (UK) »
I have not been experiencing your first problem. Have you tried clearing your cache? It may just be something that is hanging from earlier if you have been updated onto the new beta.
The beta hints seem to be on a fairly slow roll out. I am not lucky enough to have them yet.

Thanks Craclyn, clearing the cache seems to have resolved the first issue! 

Cheers
Ms_C
1. Paul - Guernsey 1801
2. Ettenton / Eltenton - Guernsey 1806

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 05 June 20 22:25 BST (UK) »
Just noticed some of these New Hints are from Family Search!

xin