Author Topic: Diary - Thursday 4th June  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Thursday 4th June
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 June 20 10:07 BST (UK) »
There is message on my own dentist's phone simply stating I should call the emergency service at a Plymouth surgery.  Which I did.

They were laughing while I was talking, and then they told me there are NO dentists working at all, but I should buy a DIY kit from Boots, and call them again if I need a prescription for antibiotics.

I bought the kit, but haven't used it due to fear of trapping infection in it.  Up to now it has been pain free, but over night definite signs of a problem escalating again, despite meticulous cleaning and a disgusting hemp mouth wash.  :-\
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 June 20 11:46 BST (UK) »
I agree with Ruskie, if you think it's getting infected it would be best to ring again and ask for the prescription. The sooner you start on the antibiotics the sooner it will clear. Hope you get sorted out soon, things like this are so much more upsetting in the current situation.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 June 20 11:50 BST (UK) »
Fair comment. Thanks Roobarb.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 June 20 14:22 BST (UK) »
Seems unfathomable that there are no emergency dentists in your area mousehowse.

A DIY dental kit sounds like a recipe for disaster - I've got an image of drills and putty and little mirrors and scraping tools.  :o

;D

I would say that if you suspect you are brewing an infection it is probably worth taking a course of antibiotics. I know that they are over used these days but your pharmacist can provide them it probably won't do any harm. Infections in the mouth can be very nasty, so better to be safe than sorry.

I hope it settles down and doesn't cause you any problems until you can get it seen to.  :-\

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 June 20 16:00 BST (UK) »
Was it this one, mowsehowse:

https://www.livewellsouthwest.co.uk/news/2020/04/14/new-urgent-dental-care-centre-opens-in-plymouth

It sounds as if you really need antibiotics.

Just to add that I had an excellent dentist in Mannamead Road when I lived down there.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 06 June 20 19:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ladies.
Don't know to which surgery in Plymouth I was re-directed.... only that they couldn't be bothered with me.

I shall probably go to a pharmacist tomorrow, and shall definitely try and get hold of my own dentist on Monday as they will probably get a better reaction in Plymouth, even if they can't do anything here.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 June 20 09:20 BST (UK) »
Oh mowsehowse, I am sorry to read on my way to work about all this trouble you are having with your tooth.  :-\

I would agree with others that you need to push them to help you somehow and to give antibiotics.   

My dentist is open for emergencies - this is awful that there are none open in your area.  Try and nip things in the bud if you can and also perhaps try eating garlic and other natural foods which help fight infection.

Take care I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 June 20 09:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you RTL, and All, for your concern.  :-*

This morning the situation is under control, but I promise I shall attempt contact with my usual dental practise tomorrow.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 07 June 20 10:14 BST (UK) »
In Glasgow the Dental Hospital has catered for emergencies but extraction was the solution on offer to somebody I know. Back to the good old days, the choices then were gas or a jag!  ;D

Skoosh.