Author Topic: Fulton of Ballymoney,Dungiven & Bovevagh  (Read 1535 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fulton of Ballymoney,Dungiven & Bovevagh
« on: Friday 05 June 20 23:15 BST (UK) »
I have been given two conflicting bits of information as to the father of  Joseph Fulton of Ballynacree,Ballymoney.bc.1866.d.31.3.1908.Buried Dungiven.m.7.6.1880.Bovevagh Presbyterian Church to his cousin Elizabeth Fulton.bc.1851.d.29.2.1929. The tow names of Josephs father were James Fulton or Thomas Fulton.
Came someone please clarify?

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fulton of Ballymoney,Dungiven & Bovevagh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 June 20 23:36 BST (UK) »
Here is the marriage for Joseph Fulton - father looks to be Thomas

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1880/11033/8034780.pdf

Joseph is of full age so wouldn’t be born abt 1866.

There is a birth in 1866, Belfast with a father Joseph. That is probably where the conflict  come from.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 June 20 00:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Heywood.
Thats sorted.

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline Balnacree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 June 20 21:53 BST (UK) »
I hope this is the information you are looking

Thomas Fulton born 1786 Drum Dungiven married unknown

Son. Joseph Fulton born July 1833 Drum, Dungiven married his cousin Elizabeth Fulton  lived Drum

Their son Thomas James Fulton born 4 April 1889 Drum died 22 October 1961 at Ballynacree   married Wilhelmina Hemphill born 11 October 1894  tartnakelly died 21 March 1989 Ballynacree

Their son Thomas James Fulton born 7 October 1928 Ballynacree

Fulton, Christie, Gracey, Jones, Hemphill,

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 June 20 01:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks Balnacree for your information on the Fultons. Would you have any more  information on said family units? I am researching the Shannon, Hopkins and Moody of the greater Limavady, Coleraine and Magilligan area of Co Londonderry. Along with their spousal attachments of which Fulton is one of many. Could you be able to expand on the following Fultons? I also know that they may not be related to the aforementioned Fultons.
John WILLSON.Merchant of Coleraine.b.?.d.1781.m.Ann FULTON.b.?.d.after 1781

Mark HOPKINS of Bolea/Derrymore near Derrybeg Farm.bc.1750.d.?.m.???????FULTON.b.?.d.?

JohnJamesMOODY.b.6.6.1850.Coleraine.d.13.1.1922Coleraine.mc.1888.Mary "Minnie"Kennedy FULTON.b.25.10.1865.NewtownLimavady.d.22.1.1950IslingtonLondon

Miss FULTON,m,Andrew OLIVER.b.1710.d.1781

Peggy Jane FULTON.b.1790.d.1850.m.Robert MORRELL.b.1786.d.1838.

Martha McCully FULTON.b.?.d.?.m.7.11.1906.Dunboe.2nd Presbyterian Church. William COCHRANE.b.?.d.?

Unknown Haslett married unknown Fulton of Drumbasnet

Fulton married MACKY

These are some of my loose Fulton threads.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Jack Gee

Offline Balnacree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 19:45 BST (UK) »
Hi jack

I have some information on Martha Mccully Fulton married to William Cochrane.

Her father was John Campbell Fulton and he married Sarah Anne Fulton

John's father was Robert Fulton

Martha had ten children that I am aware of.

If you pm me with your email address I will forward you what information I have.

Regards
Elizabeth
Fulton, Christie, Gracey, Jones, Hemphill,

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 16 June 20 23:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Elizabeth. Message on its way.

cheers
Jack Gee

Offline Agnetta

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 24 August 20 06:04 BST (UK) »
 Ren Fultons of Drum I knew Kathleen bc 1832,brother Geddes,brother Thomas bc 1940.There was another brother but I can't remember his name. They lived near us. (Thomas and my brother were in the same class at school.)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 August 20 07:06 BST (UK) »
Ren Fultons of Drum I knew Kathleen bc 1832,brother Geddes,brother Thomas bc 1940.There was another brother but I can't remember his name. They lived near us. (Thomas and my brother were in the same class at school.)
Hello Agnetta, how is the lockdown going? Your Premier is keeping us Mexicans[Vics] out of the sunshine state.
Is this the family unit you  mentioned -
James McCully FULTON.b.17.3.1890.Dungiven.d.29.3.1948.Oatlands,Myroe.
m.11.10.1922.Ballykelly. Kathleen Cherry CONN.b.26.12.1896.Ballykelly. d.28.1.1958.Dungiven/Limavady.      
   James Frederick'Freddie'Scott FULTON.b.14.7.1923.Dungiven.
m.Rebecca Mildred SEMPLE.b.?.d.?   
   William Howard McCloy FULTON.b.25.7.1925.Dungiven. To USA.21.7.1950.   
   Thomas McCully FULTON.b.21.5.1939.Dungiven.d.25.7.2019.Dungiven.m.1966.Norma?????   
   Mary Kathleen FULTON.bc.1932.Dungiven.d.28.2.2018.Dungiven.buried 3.3.2018.Rallagh. m.Roland HENRY.b.?.d.Dungiven.   
   Geddis FULTON.b.Dungiven,d.Dungiven.m.Emily Marie RAMSEY.b.?.d.Dungiven.

Cheers
Jack Gee
Vic