Author Topic: Southwick, Sussex electoral register 1970's-1980's how to view?  (Read 905 times)

Offline johnt96

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Southwick, Sussex electoral register 1970's-1980's how to view?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 June 20 09:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks JonW65 and Liz, really appreciate your help, there is quite a lot to sift through. ;)

They are the Banfield's I am looking for and 2B Parkway looks right.

The Banfields in my tree originate from Woodmancote (as for as I've got back to James Banfield B 1815)

Thanks again
John

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 June 20 13:10 BST (UK) »
 ;D My Banfields were in Woodmancote ... Henfield, Shermanbury - all along the same road - they spread out a bit - also Hurst, Ditchling, Westmeston - all over the place! I don't have your James in my tree - I do have a James b1793 in Hurst, who was from Twineham, married in Shermanbury in 1815 and then lived in Woodmancote for the rest of his life!

Liz

PS I asked Mum if she remembered any families from Park Way - she immediately named a couple but  didn't remember any Banfields.
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline johnt96

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 June 20 16:10 BST (UK) »
Yes, It's a long time since I had a good look at the Banfields, remember there were a lot of them and looked confusing who was who? as many had same names in different families and were down as lodging sometimes.
I have that James b 1793 married to Lydia Glassbrook and having James b 1815 as son along with Elizabeth b 1818, Mary 1818, Henry 1824, Rebecca 1827, William 1830, John 1832, Thomas 1836.

You've obviously done a lot of work on the Banfields, is the tree information available on any of the ancestry sites to view, would love to have a look and check against mine.

Thanks again.

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 June 20 08:09 BST (UK) »
Good Morning (well it is - but summer has left Sussex which is a bit sad!),

I am descended from Lydia's brother Luke Glazebrook (so many ways they spelled their name!) who was born in 1800 and who married Mary Banfield - these family relationships were very convoluted! I do have a tree on Ancestry but it is not very detailed, has no sources and isn't updated often - my main one is offline. I tend not to put siblings etc on it unless I am actively looking at a DNA match. Here's the link https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/tree/80216726/family?cfpid=42416481596 Hope that works...

Liz

Liz

Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk