Author Topic: Mexican Death Record  (Read 316 times)

Offline lauren28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mexican Death Record
« on: Sunday 07 June 20 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've found a death record for David Cameron Knowles in Mexico but I don't speak any kind of Portuguese (I think this is Portuguese?!) I'd love if anyone could decipher what this says but the only word I could figure out is mineral? Thank you!!

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: Mexican Death Record
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 June 20 16:02 BST (UK) »
It's Spanish.  I'll get on it later, after I read the news.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 June 20 17:51 BST (UK) »
Here's a somewhat loose translation.  Mineral del Monte is the name of the town which was
presumably originally a mining camp.  It is in Estado Hidalgo, around 60 km north of Mexico City.  Cauicatlán is my best guess for the name of the other town; there is a place by that name in Hidalgo.

Number 11 (eleven).  David Frank Cameron Knowles.  In Mineral del Monte, at 9 in the morning of the 6th of January, 1921 (one thousand nine hundred and twenty one) appeared at this office before me, Tarsicio Ortega, Municipal President and Civil Court Judge, Mr. José G. Dodd,
married, of full age, miner, of English origin and a resident of this Mineral who presented a
certificate signed by Doctor J. Balinaceda F. by which it appears that yesterday at 11 a.m. the child David Frank Cameron Knowles, aged 1 month and 20 days, from Cauicatlán, of English nationality, son of Mr. Frank ? Howard Knowles and Mrs. ? Knowles, died at the miner's house in the San Cayetano neighborhood as a consequence of acute enteritis.  Witnesses were Mr. Matthew Monks and Mr. Mariano Arista, both of full age and employed, the first from Dublin, Ireland and the second from Cauicatlán, Hidalgo, and both residents of this place.  A permit for the burial of the body in the  pantheon of the English colony of this municipality was emitted.  By which was completed this act which was ratified and signed by Tarsicio Ortega, J.G. Dodd, Matthew Monks, Mariano Arista, Raymundo Frejo.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 June 20 21:44 BST (UK) »
Cracking job, Erato!

I would give the queried names as Mr Frank Vincent Howard Knowles and possibly Mrs Urenda Knowles (not sure about this - I have only seen Urenda as a surname).

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lauren28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 June 20 08:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much!! I know the parent's names were Frank Vincent Howard Knowles and Wrenda Knowles/Cameron but some of the transcriptions on Ancestry are quite amusing